BRIDPORT GAME | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

BRIDPORT GAME

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
:goal:

T

tk63157

Ridiculously good form from LeCointe - chuck him in

Sims hasn't scored like him, why should he go up the pecking order?

M

MylesPAFC

Lecointe is scoring goals for fun at the moment in the pre season games, admittedly against weak opposition but must be worth a shout soon in the first team once he gets a few more games under his belt.

Is he training with the youth team at the moment, or with the seniors?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Right apologies for some earlier text howlers, but my fingers couldnt keep up with my brain.

Good, physical work out for our youths and some most impressive performances. Apologies firstly, Reidy junior was not there,

Matt LaCointe will take all the plaundits and rightly so, he took 3 well taken goals, all different but each needed a natural goal scorer to take them.

I guess the downside would be the pitch, bobbly and our defensive play, which at times bordered on naive and then you remember how old these kids are and in the second half a fair sprinkling of 15 year olds as well. Bridport tried to play football on the ground and had been well schooled. It struck me forcibly why we removed our reserves long ago from the Western League, and why we shouldnt return to those days. Sadly it seems we will no longer hav a reserve team to worry about this season.

On the plus side, I liked, Jordan Pearce, the only defender to stand out for his calm assurred play. That was until the 80th minute when he lost it and wantedto take on the world, was subbed and yellow carded, lucky it wasnt red, in part saved by Bridport manager who pleaded on his behalf and kevin Hodges who when screaming didnt work, ran on the pittch and similarly pleaded. Shame because until then he stood out as someone who could have a future.

First half belonged to Jordan Copp who controlled midfield with good touch, and a good eye. Sadly in the second half he ran out of steam and along with Jed H=P ran out of steam. Copps partner in central midfield was Dan Hart who after a shaky start settled down and found his touch and his team mates. Even showed his versatility by playing (again) at right back for the last 10 minutes.

Issac Vassel was an enigma to me, can operate on either wing, has pace to burn but too often made poor decisions. he has so much to offer, hope he can be guided.

But all the way home it was Matt LaC who seemed the one lad who has the ability and desire to go on. I just hope he does.

Crowd in the end of a bout 100 including 30 odd green army. Nice tea, individully made in a mug for £0.80 a pop! Weather was fab and nice to make the aquaintance of Rocky.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
matteh.":2erzgywi said:
Cheers Tony but I disagree on Vassell, I don't think there's anything about him.

He's an athlete but technically has nothing going for him at all. Shame as he has so much pace.

We probably agree in truth Matt. The pace is there for all to see but when in control rarely made good decisions.

Has Richards been injured? He lumbered to my eye and too frequently caught out on a limb?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
matteh.":3ppk7puy said:
Cheers Tony but I disagree on Vassell, I don't think there's anything about him.

He's an athlete but technically has nothing going for him at all. Shame as he has so much pace.

We probably agree in truth Matt. The pace is there for all to see but when in control rarely made good decisions.

Has Richards been injured? He lumbered to my eye and too frequently caught out on a limb?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
matteh.":ztc19uwl said: