BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE - ANOTHER TWIST | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE - ANOTHER TWIST

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Chris Webb":18hsmith said:
tonycholwell":18hsmith said:
Yes, thought it best I bring my own people :lol:

Tony

You are the first speaker on. I couldn't let your attendance be marked without a trip to the stage! :grin:

Filling in that Trust application form live on stage?! :eek:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Chris Webb":28yj5v2m said:
The press and TC crews will be there, we have a first class venue, paid for by PAFC fans.

Tony

You are the first speaker on. I couldn't let your attendance be marked without a trip to the stage! :grin:[/quote]

Oh good, how long do I get?

Is it a speech you require or question?

On a serious note, I have arranged my seat and will try my upmost to be there on time.

For all the people Ive ever fallen out with (surprisingly few) or disagreed with (quite a few more) about Argyle, deep down we all love our Club and only want it to flourish and grow.

In my case, preferably before Im dead :lol:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Kevin_Gollop":102iblvf said:
Chris Webb":102iblvf said:
tonycholwell":102iblvf said:

Tony

You are the first speaker on. I couldn't let your attendance be marked without a trip to the stage! :grin:

Careful now Kev, your hernia will play up if you continue to have such wicked thoughts :lol:

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
tonycholwell":gpuathho said:
Kevin_Gollop":gpuathho said:

Careful now Kev, your hernia will play up if you continue to have such wicked thoughts :lol:

:lol: Glad you're making it to the meeting Tony. Time for us all to unite now :huddle:

L

Lord Tisdale

Joint administrator Brendan Guilfoyle said: “Bishop International Limited have categorically confirmed that they will be in a position to complete the sale by no later than close of business next Tuesday August 16. We understand that the only significant issue to overcome in order to complete the deal is for Peter Ridsdale to agree the share transfer with Football League. We have given Peter until next Friday in order to do this.”

Assuming BIL come up with the money, what are the exact issues relating to the football league share? It's been speculated upon but no one has come up with the definitive answer.

The boys in the Contingency Meeting with Ridsdale today must have the answer? Are they able to say? Ridsdale has had weeks and weeks to contemplate this and has had a couple of meetings with the FL, so surely he must know by now whether the FL requirements can be fulfilled or not?

T

Tim Chown

dennis the menace":f8yv1d3p said:
GreenGuy":f8yv1d3p said:
So it's imperative the Trust reaffirm to the FL that there *is* another option in Brent. They don't have to bend over for Ridsdale.

Ridsdale was also part of James Brents plans.

Yes, but in that case the owner is Akkeron/Brent.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
GreenGuy":1q7mc3kb said:
dennis the menace":1q7mc3kb said:
GreenGuy":1q7mc3kb said:
So it's imperative the Trust reaffirm to the FL that there *is* another option in Brent. They don't have to bend over for Ridsdale.

Ridsdale was also part of James Brents plans.

Yes, but in that case the owner is Akkeron/Brent.

Yes, but I am sure that whilst that would mean Brent is the owner, he would appoint Ridders as Chief Exec.

Mar 14, 2009
Chris Webb":hqike9ee said:
Tugboat":hqike9ee said:
pi$$ing into the wind springs to mind.

Its pretty clear that Brendan see's only 2 options in this. BIL or liquidation.

Then it is up to us, starting tomorrow to let him know that isn't acceptable.

Chris

Kind of agree with what tugboat has said.

Whilst I love seeing the passion and endeavor it does seem to me people are missing the message.

Like what is said above its BIL or liquidation. Gullifoyle is not interested in what the trust or any Argyle fans are saying. If he did this saga wouldnt have gone on for how many months it has. Its like you guys can shout as loud as you like but behind the scenes Risdale has played a blinder. Whilst making out he is interested in what the trust and Argyle fans have to say he has manipulated the situation I believe for his own selfish interests. A leopard never changes his spots so why after many years of us, as football fans, witnessing the destruction he has caused to other football clubs would he now be interested in saving Argyle for the good of football. He isnt.

As much as everyone goes on about Gullifoyle and Heaney the problem in trying to save this football club is Risdale. He's in the perfect place to overlook everything and communicate to all parties concerned so his grand master plan takes shape. And if he doesnt take the club he is making sure no one else will.

I hope the march goes well as I appauld what people are trying to do. Unfortuately, its seems to me Risdale has taken a back seat whilst everyone else takes the heat. To get rid of the problem you must get to the root. You dig out the root and you start again.

Whether the deal goes through as not it seems to me everyone is thinking very short term. You might think that is what its all about. However, this problems will resurface again in 12-18 months if Peter Risdale is still here. Whether its under Heaney or Brent there will always be a threat of liquidation to our club because as his record shows he runs a club with no regard to sensible financing, as shown with Leeds and Cardiff.

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
This is a fudgeing joking right????

After taking him/them to court on wednesday, he bends over and takes it again for the ginger one :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

THE DEADLINE WAS TODAY NOT TUESDAY NOT NEXT FRIDAY

TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to hear what Tuesdays excuse is!!!

T

Tim Chown

dennis the menace":3oga05r5 said:
Yes, but I am sure that whilst that would mean Brent is the owner, he would appoint Ridders as Chief Exec.

Yes, probably, but the ownership will not involve Heaney, so much simpler for the FL to approve.

T

Tim Chown

Metal_Green_Mickey":20ety1jm said:
Whether the deal goes through as not it seems to me everyone is thinking very short term. You might think that is what its all about. However, this problems will resurface again in 12-18 months if Peter Ridsdale is still here. Whether its under Heaney or Brent there will always be a threat of liquidation to our club because as his record shows he runs a club with no regard to sensible financing, as shown with Leeds and Cardiff.

You don't think if Brent does get a shot that he would be able to put Ridsdale on a short enough leash with an appropriate budget? I think he'll be very capable of doing that. Economies of scale and efficiencies is one of Brent's strengths from his other business activity. We'll have a very tightly run ship, which is just what we need.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
GreenGuy":1i7kpbfa said:
dennis the menace":1i7kpbfa said:

Yes, probably, but the ownership will not involve Heaney, so much simpler for the FL to approve.

I think most would be happy with that situation. :greensmile:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":12q8lkew said:
Imagine, just imagine, if this club goes down the drain, can you imagine what any Argyle fan will think of himself/herself for not being at the biggest gathering of PAFC fans outside a football match.
I wish I hadn't read that bit Ian.
Mind's in turmoil as it is.

All the best for tomorrow.
:sick:

Aug 18, 2006
All my thanks to those who have organised this meeting, whatever the current spin , and it does seem designed to try to dampen the growing body of resistance to this fiasco ,i share the view that it is essential we attend and show all and sundry how much we care about our club. Surely now is the time for all those who attended the promotion parades to show the same enthusiasm for Argyle as they did at those times. We need a sea of green . We have to show these people who we are and let them know we are Argyle till we die and not Argyle till Argyle dies. Thanks again , i'll be there , cannot contemplate being anywhere else.