Brendan Guilfoyle apology to James Brent | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brendan Guilfoyle apology to James Brent

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised that stuff is kicking off as we are approaching the end game now. But a question for those working with Brent - has he ever shifted his position as buyer of last resort? I am not aware he ever walked away. If he hasn't what has he been doing for 4 months to make sure he has a bid that is ready to go or as close as possible to that? Obviously not at 24 hours notice, that's unreasonable but surely he didn't think he would get a lengthy period and nowhere near 4 months?

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
BALDY-OG":2lq8bsbh said:
Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised that stuff is kicking off as we are approaching the end game now. But a question for those working with Brent - has he ever shifted his position as buyer of last resort? I am not aware he ever walked away. If he hasn't what has he been doing for 4 months to make sure he has a bid that is ready to go or as close as possible to that? Obviously not at 24 hours notice, that's unreasonable but surely he didn't think he would get a lengthy period and nowhere near 4 months?

He is on record as saying he could complete in 2-3 weeks if the conditions precedent are met. The responsbility for ensuring that these CPs are met lies - at least in part - with the Administrator.

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
Thanks Peter. That's quite positive in the circumstances although I have no idea how difficult it will be to meet the conditions or how long those negotiations would take. Can you help with that info?

A

Anonymous

Lord Tisdale":1pqd22d0 said:
IJN":1pqd22d0 said:
You're way out on your figures, but I agree with your logic.

What are the figures IJN?

We need some meat on bones.

The P&A bill is about £850k and rising and I can't remember what JB offered exactly, but it was way in excess of £100k.

Apr 4, 2004
IJN":21ufhlru said:
Lord Tisdale":21ufhlru said:
IJN":21ufhlru said:

The P&A bill is about £850k and rising and I can't remember what JB offered exactly, but it was way in excess of £100k.

Is that all outstanding Ian. Or has some of it been paid through players sales.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
IJN":2nyw77p9 said:
Lord Tisdale":2nyw77p9 said:
IJN":2nyw77p9 said:

Perhaps they should be offered in the region of 0.7p in the Pound and told to like it or lump it.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
MickyD":1hnggt2h said:
Perhaps they should be offered in the region of 0.7p in the Pound and told to like it or lump it.

Trouble is, they'd lump it. Liquidate the club. Use the assets to pay off their bill. Leave the creditors with little or nothing. And us with no club!