Argyle Takeover/Chinese Takeaway? (speculation) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Takeover/Chinese Takeaway? (speculation)

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
lambanog!make sure your chinese factory owner is watching the cup match against 'pool.if a multi millionaire bought into bournemouth why not us?
as an aside lambanog what is the name of your restaurant?it will be interesting to see the images on google. :thumbup:

L

lambanog

Steve Evans":18gd3q6g said:
lambanog!make sure your chinese factory owner is watching the cup match against 'pool.if a multi millionaire bought into bournemouth why not us?
as an aside lambanog what is the name of your restaurant?it will be interesting to see the images on google. :thumbup:

Simply Google Alan's World Dongguan

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":2vz61icy said:
thanks alan.i will google it right away.i'd love it if we were bought by a chinese billionaire.

Complete bonkers. You really think they would have the best interest of club and community at Heart? Will never happen anyway.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":1p4bc3j6 said:
Steve Evans":1p4bc3j6 said:
thanks alan.i will google it right away.i'd love it if we were bought by a chinese billionaire.

Complete bonkers. You really think they would have the best interest of club and community at Heart? Will never happen anyway.
how do you know they wouldn't?merry christmas balham green.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What a load of toss

L

lambanog

Tugboat":231t73df said:
What a load of toss

If you say so Tugboat, but as the expression goes " there are non so blind who will not see " Not all Chinese well offs have ther chance like Xi to enjoy a pint and fish and chips with Cameron in his local. But guess who has bought the very same Pub, yes a Chinese businessman. If you're up to Clarkes, ECCO and Addidas shoes, you might very well be wearing my contacts products. If you are he says thank you very much for helping him amass his millions.

L

lambanog

davie nine":10napk9n said:
I can't believe that this thread has generated 37 (38 now) posts based on "just a thought".

That's probably because the mods decided to take a serious question into the rumours forum. Goes to prove mods can also get things wrong !

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
lambanog":2m9cmzml said:
davie nine":2m9cmzml said:
I can't believe that this thread has generated 37 (38 now) posts based on "just a thought".

That's probably because the mods decided to take a serious question into the rumours forum. Goes to prove mods can also get things wrong !

A serious question maybe but still based on pure conjecture and speculation. An interesting read it is but the rumours board is certainly it's rightful place based on it's content.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What factual evidence? The fact that the Chinese are trying to break into the football scene?

I'm afraid it goes back to the same conclusion, if some rich person wanted to buy a football club surely there would be more attractive opportunities elsewhere in the country?

Tugboat":1zavmvea said:
What factual evidence? The fact that the Chinese are trying to break into the football scene?

I'm afraid it goes back to the same conclusion, if some rich person wanted to buy a football club surely there would be more attractive opportunities elsewhere in the country?

Of course !!

Silly me :facepalm:

I bow to your superior knowledge of the world at large and the Chinese entrepreneurial market !!!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Or Tugboat's alternative - answers on a very small postcard

L

lambanog

Tugboat":2k7q7ozm said:

Surely it's logical to realise that "more attractive opportunities" will command a much higher price. Remember what I have said previously, "buy low and sell high"

Let's look at the business angle, Argyle in the lower tier of the FA league , a good size City and with a catchment area that includes Cornwall say , was snapped up for xxxx million. If the money was well spent, it could be possible that they could rise to the Chamionship within say six years. During the six year climb, the gates would surely rise and it would be then that the club could be sold off at a "high"
Of course I an not a millionaire, but I am a businessman, and to me, this thinking is logical, as without doubt, a Championship team must be worth a damn sight more than a languishing League Two team if Argyle were to be promoted this season, would you not agree the club would be more expensive then than at present .