Argyle sign Greek striker as an apprentice | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle sign Greek striker as an apprentice

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
I do believe that 'Klaidi' is an Albanian name, not Greek. There are many thousands(probably millions) of Albanians who have moved to Greece for a better life over the past 20 years or so.

Feb 28, 2016
Mark Pedlar":3sr1r7m0 said:
Watch Mark Matthews' head explode with this news!

Nothing against the lad and good luck and welcome. Hope he enjoys his time here and progresses through to the first team, that said however, bitterly disappointed we can't fill these vacancies with lads from Plymouth, Devon, Cornwall and Somerset but there you go.

Never seen this lad play (knowingly anyway) of the first years I'm most impressed with Rio Garside and Mike Peck, long way to go yet though.

Jan 10, 2006
Shanghai
Emu":267kscaw said:
Mazza26":267kscaw said:
Klaidi's idol is Zlatan and was listed in a metro article titled "Top 50 Under 20's" last year. He was among the likes of Tammy Abraham, Moussa Dembele, Ryan Sessegnon, Gabriel Jesus, Reece Oxford, Iwobi, Rashford, Renato Sanches, Leroy Sane and Anthony Martial. Not quite sure if he's Greek, a separate article suggests that he is Albanian but born in Greece. The opposite can be said of the "Greek Lionel Messi" Sotiris Ninis who was born in Albania but grew up in Greece. So much talent wasted (sorry irrelevant bit of information there.) Hopefully Klaidi gets a good welcome from the players. Who'll be his mentor? Nadir Ciftki would be interesting. ;)

Interesting read actually.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/05/metros-to ... s-6104974/

Seems to have really good pedigree and a lot of potential. I don’t wish to be cynical but I wonder why he has chosen to sign for us. Maybe credit to the scouts that have talked up the club, the city and the potential we have...

Certainly one to keep an eye on for the future.