Argyle could be without as many as NINE first team players | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle could be without as many as NINE first team players

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Taylor suits the Adams system almost perfectly, holds up the ball and brings others into play, happy to play sacrificial lamb sort of CF role. The sooner he's back the better.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Cobi Budge":38nu6dld said:
Taylor suits the Adams system almost perfectly, holds up the ball and brings others into play, happy to play sacrificial lamb sort of CF role. The sooner he's back the better.

Or not.

Adapt to another formation ala 2 up front?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Tugboat":20sak96d said:
Cobi Budge":20sak96d said:

Or not.

Adapt to another formation ala 2 up front?

Taylor is the best & most effective forward we have at the club, up top by himself or in a two.

When I saw ATS name down on the team sheet I thought oh god. But he played really well, looked comfortable on the ball and steady all game. Linked up with Toums well around the back. No complaints from me. Noticed the booing as well. Sarcevic is a bigger loss than many will realise.

With regards to ATS the season before he was voted the worst he was voted young player of the year. Fickle football fans.

Jul 18, 2011
Leigh Rapson":393nyssc said:
When I saw ATS name down on the team sheet I thought oh god. But he played really well, looked comfortable on the ball and steady all game. Linked up with Toums well around the back. No complaints from me. Noticed the booing as well. Sarcevic is a bigger loss than many will realise.

With regards to ATS the season before he was voted the worst he was voted young player of the year. Fickle football fans.

The “poll” where he was voted the worst player was on a website where someone posted something like “which of these six players s Doncaster’s worst ever player”, or something similar to that. Who knows why he was selected but it was hardly scientific.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
X Isle":3ahzrpa6 said:
Ollieargyle9":3ahzrpa6 said:
ATS gets booed for trying his best but not performing against a team a division above us, partly influenced by a former club's fans.

Sonny Bradley lauded as some sort of hero returning from a suspension for thumping a bloke, having already lashed out at opponents this year and even been accused of spitting, all combined with multiple half-arsed performances this year for 1st and 2nd team.

Nobody wearing the green shirt should really be booed, certainly not at the start of a game. ‪Such is the way of football fans though sadly.
Sections of the Green Army are a shambles at the moment, transfixed on a managerial sacking and singularly unable to bring themselves to consider the effect of their detrimental words and deeds. If anyone needs to be booed it's them.

Like 'em or loathe 'em, and there are some poorly performing players in there, with the transfer window shut they are all that we've got. What then is the point, on top of the mountain they have to climb to get our season on track, of jumping on their backs and adding to their burden by booing or heckling them. If I were booed and abused at work would it make me more or less inclined to produce my very best? :think:

Everyone is frustrated, no-one is happy, but why add to the problem?

Crazy times at the moment, on the pitch AND in the stands :facepalm:

The only people who respond positively to criticism are likely to be your opponents and they did.

Amazingly there were also chants of "top of the league, you're having a laugh" at one point. Not long after Shrewsbury were level, their 'keeper quickly turned to our genius element to ask why they'd stopped singing :facepalm:

Apr 29, 2016
Agree totally. Booing is totally counterproductive and to do it when we’ve drawn with the team top of the table is even more unbelievable!

Abbotts Ann Green":1nxrnbqv said:
Leigh Rapson":1nxrnbqv said:

The “poll” where he was voted the worst player was on a website where someone posted something like “which of these six players s Doncaster’s worst ever player”, or something similar to that. Who knows why he was selected but it was hardly scientific.

Just enhances the post I made! Ridiculous really that something becomes enshrined in fact.

I’m not his biggest fan yet by any means but I’m happy to give him a chance and on the last two games showings he’s done alrighty

Jul 6, 2011
Neilz5419":1as71ny5 said:
Today’s team with threlkeld for Taylor Sinclair, and Ryan Taylor in for fletcher is all we need to survive in this league

How many goals a season do you think Taylor's scores on average? After starting on two games Fletcher has scored more goals than Taylor did last season....

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
briangreen":150wm0ym said:
Neilz5419":150wm0ym said:
Today’s team with threlkeld for Taylor Sinclair, and Ryan Taylor in for fletcher is all we need to survive in this league

How many goals a season do you think Taylor's scores on average? After starting on two games Fletcher has scored more goals than Taylor did last season....

He's scored 4 league goals for us last season against Crawley, Exeter, Newport and Crewe. Now if I'm not mistaken hasn't Fletcher only scored the one league goal, against Fleetwood?

Feb 17, 2017
LeonTheGreen":8ycg3g9y said:
briangreen":8ycg3g9y said:
Neilz5419":8ycg3g9y said:

He's scored 4 league goals for us last season against Crawley, Exeter, Newport and Crewe. Now if I'm not mistaken hasn't Fletcher only scored the one league goal, against Fleetwood?

Always nice to get your facts right before posting, also it’s more than how many goals you score, when your playing one up front they need to be able to get the players up the pitch, hold the ball up, win headers, have good control, and take pressure off the defence when we clear the ball. I don’t remember fletcher doing any of those on Saturday, yes he ran around tirelessly chasing shadows which seems to have got some merit. I could almost guarantee there isn’t one other league one team that would have fletcher in their starting 11, Taylor might not be a goal machine but he is a strong experienced target man.
Fletcher is doing his best and he puts in everything he’s got, I don’t think Adams is doing him any favours playing him up on his own as at the moment he just isn’t good enough to do it, not fletchers fault it’s adams fault for putting him that position.