All done for the day | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

All done for the day

Mar 14, 2009
The football fan and video games are a bad mix.

This is a perfect example.... a must read for some sheer stupidity in regarding how they think about a game...

The pictures of his destruction of the CD and a table are the best though lol....

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/291625/this-game-doesnt-deserve-my-time

The worrying thing is this "rage" spreads onto twitter, football forums etc......

Why people care so much about something that in the grand scheme of things is meant to be a social, relaxing activity ....I don't know ....but this attitude unfortunately is the what people who run forums like this and twitter accounts like PAFC do, have to endure.

People say I talk s*** and they probably right, but I never insult or abuse people .... seems daft....

Jul 12, 2016
Davie nine,I am a realist not a pessimist.I have supported Argyle for over 50 years and therefore feel that I am qualified to state my opinion.I do not begrudge you yours. Some of the posters on here look at everything through green tinted glasses and all I do is try to strike a balance.
IMHO the squad assembled so far will not set Division one alight .Only time will tell.

oldage":19sjo9rv said:
Davie nine,I am a realist not a pessimist.I have supported Argyle for over 50 years and therefore feel that I am qualified to state my opinion.I do not begrudge you yours. Some of the posters on here look at everything through green tinted glasses and all I do is try to strike a balance.
IMHO the squad assembled so far will not set Division one alight .Only time will tell.

Your two posts say different things though. One says we'll do well to stay up with the current squad, the one quoted above says we won't set the division alight.

I'm an optimist and a realist, and I agree with your post saying we won't set the division alight. However, we have a solid team that knows how to get results despite not entertaining much at home. This squad will keep us up fairly comfortably without competing for automatic promotion. We may flirt with the play offs.

Jan 7, 2013
We had the same tosh spouted about last season.. relegation scrap midtable at best all before we kicked a ball.. I went for champions in the pre season poll didn't have a clue to be honest just like everyone else! All this Argyle Nil FC carp does my nut in! Have a glass of optimism will you..

Jul 12, 2016
Pointless trying to reason with some on here. I admit that my remarks may seem ambiguous but my opinion is that we will struggle this season.Last season based on our home performances, we were fortunate to get promotion, relying too heavily on Carey.
Against better opposition I cannot see who will get the goals. I hope I am proved wrong

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oldage":397dwvsn said:
There is a difference between 'setting Division 1 alight' and 'doing well to stay in the division'.

Similar to you, I have supported Argyle for over 60 years and I do not expect us to set our new league alight, although I am reasonably optimistic that we will consolidate and will be delighted if we do better. I guess you would call me a green tint because I have placed a bet at 9/1 that we will get promoted but have, to date, resisted 25/1 that we will set Division 1 alight and win the league.

Considering DA's success in his 2 years with us, I believe that he has earned sufficient respect and trust to suggest that we will only 'do well to stay in the division'.

As you say, time will tell but I believe that a realistic opinion, rather than a pessimistic one, would be that we will at least consolidate in 2017/18.

Edited to add, I have only just read Aaron D's post.

Jul 12, 2016
I apologise for any confusion but think that you get the gist of what I am saying. Your optimism is as groundless as my perceived pessimism so really,arguing over nothing

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Metal_Green_Mickey":3l64672p said:
The football fan and video games are a bad mix.

This is a perfect example.... a must read for some sheer stupidity in regarding how they think about a game...

The pictures of his destruction of the CD and a table are the best though lol....

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/291625/this-game-doesnt-deserve-my-time

The worrying thing is this "rage" spreads onto twitter, football forums etc......

Why people care so much about something that in the grand scheme of things is meant to be a social, relaxing activity ....I don't know ....but this attitude unfortunately is the what people who run forums like this and twitter accounts like PAFC do, have to endure.

People say I talk s*** and they probably right, but I never insult or abuse people .... seems daft....

The GIF of the guy smashing hell out of his tv is better, did you not read down that far ? lol.