Ainsworth | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ainsworth

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I do, as it's my opinion. You like the ball lumped up with snow on it, that's your prerogative.

I long for football played on the grass, wingers terrorising full backs etc.

It's all about opinions, Ainsworth and (spit) Westley are all that's wrong about this division.

There is no need for it, it's a chickens way out (again, in my opinion).

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":3qy5zbt6 said:
I'm surprised at that I must admit. Everyone I speak to connected with WWFC seem to revel in their dark arts.

I think the attendances speak for themselves.

Yes because Wycombe, that hot bed of football, should be getting so much bigger attendances shouldn't they? :funny:
I agree 100% with MM. And lets not pretend they are the only team that employ gamesmanship. Which team is it that takes their ball boys off when they are winning?
I liked his reaction to the puerile chanting from a minority of our fans at their place too.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":19958b96 said:
I do, as it's my opinion. You like the ball lumped up with snow on it, that's your prerogative.

It's all about opinions, Ainsworth and (spit) Westley are all that's wrong about this division.

Naive.
You have to play to your strengths. If you dont have (cant afford) quality midfield players in your side like Carey you have to do something different. We are not the greatest footballing side ourselves anyway. We used to play lovely football under Fletcher at times. Where did that get us?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't think we do play that good a game of football, plus I did like the way Fletcher try to play the game.

Naive? Guilty as charged but I do long for the day when I see another "Shilton" type team. Maybe DA will deliver that in the League 2 IF/when we get there.

We've seen amazing changes in league one and two football in the last twenty years, where prior to that just about every team played hoofball, and midfield, to my memory, simply didn't exist.

Dinasours like Ainsworth and Westley have followed the John Beck example and gained short term results from their shenanigans, but long term it's no way to develop a team or club, so long may they continue to fail.

Balham_Green":2mmmj00o said:
IJN":2mmmj00o said:

Naive.
You have to play to your strengths. If you dont have (cant afford) quality midfield players in your side like Carey you have to do something different. We are not the greatest footballing side ourselves anyway. We used to play lovely football under Fletcher at times. Where did that get us?

I agree. If you don't have the ball players, you cannot play attractive football on the deck to the required standard. So therefore you have to play percentages which involves strength in playing long/er balls into space and having one or two quick forwards/wingers to latch onto them, as well as a big man up top.
Fletcher's team tried to play, but they weren't good enough. Sheridan got the team scrapping and we escaped relegation.
If you're a manager, all that matters is results. If that means dealing in long balls and dark arts so be it. I don't like it, but I'd do the same if it was me. Thank allah or buddha It's not.... :thumbup:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Wycombe team is easily capable of playing good football, as I say, they proved that at HP. So why go dirty, cheating and long at Adams Park?

Dec 21, 2015
Did they play exactly the same 11 away and then home ?
We're the weather conditions the same away and then when they were at home ?

maybe the change of tactics was due to key players being out so had to play a different system

Dec 21, 2015
I recently saw an "Arsenal" fan being quoted that he attends matches to be entertained - the result was not the priority

There will be teams that play lump in long and team that play Barcelona style total football in every league, don't think for a minute that all things in League 1, championship, premiership will be any different to how they are in League 2

C

Cult Of Personality

Whilst i not really enjoyed the football that Argyle have been playing this season its effective and hopefully we go up we can attract players that can play a better style of football. Remember Adams singed a player like Wylde who is a attacking winger. He worked out that his style of play wont work in this league but who says it wont work higher up

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":rwa2i7mc said:
The Wycombe team is easily capable of playing good football, as I say, they proved that at HP. So why go dirty, cheating and long at Adams Park?

You are obsessed man. For Gods sake give it a rest!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:lol:

You make me laugh BG.

How dare anyone slag off another team eh?

Yet, you consistently slag off ours.

:crazy: