AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept* | Page 50 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept*

Jan 27, 2012
All that matters are the planning merits of the proposed development.

Not where people live, which fans group they belong to, or what people's opinions are of James Brent.

If the public responses to the proposal raise matters which are relevant to planning then will carry weight in the Council's decision making process. If the responses raise matters of little relevance to planning then they wont carry much weight at all- even if there are hundreds of letters all saying the same thing.

Its as simple as that really.

May 8, 2011
gaspargomez":bckjvd16 said:
All that matters are the planning merits of the proposed development.

Not where people live, which fans group they belong to, or what people's opinions are of James Brent.

If the public responses to the proposal raise matters which are relevant to planning then will carry weight in the Council's decision making process. If the responses raise matters of little relevance to planning then they wont carry much weight at all- even if there are hundreds of letters all saying the same thing.

Its as simple as that really.

Actually Councillors do take note of where people live, the fact that there are relatively few objections and not that many are from Plymouth residents and therefore their potential voters does matter.
Due to the limited amount of public response especially from residents living close to Home Park I doubt if the Councillors will take much note of them.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not you Kev, you're a general moaner, this was aimed at specific moaners. :greensmile:

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
IJN":8n9fkdea said:
Only Tony Wrathall.

I wish there were more I must admit.

Just like on the pitch, Argyle is better when thereā€™s Plymothians involved.

Goodness me. And there was me labouring under the misapprehension that I was born in Freedom Fields Hospital. Which was, of course, in Plymouth.

I have a dim memory of going to school in Plymouth, too. Right up to the age of 18.

David Felwick's a Plymothian too.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":3tysmerd said:
Electronic":3tysmerd said:
Donā€™t you mean Argyle fans from Plymouth who live in London, Leeds and Southampton?

Most people who object to the plan feel that way simply because they donā€™t understand why James Brent bolted on the HHP plans unnecessarily and risked the grandstand refurb. The parking/traffic issues are a symptom of that. Letā€™s see what happens. Any delays been mooted yet?

No I donā€™t mean that all.

I donā€™t recognise anyone as a ā€˜fanā€™ who put their personal grudges before the club.
And also some who genuinely objected to the proposal because they thought it the right thing to do rather than due to holding grudges...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Peter_Jones":1am07i9q said:
IJN":1am07i9q said:
Only Tony Wrathall.

I wish there were more I must admit.

Just like on the pitch, Argyle is better when thereā€™s Plymothians involved.

Goodness me. And there was me labouring under the misapprehension that I was born in Freedom Fields Hospital. Which was, of course, in Plymouth.

I have a dim memory of going to school in Plymouth, too. Right up to the age of 18.

David Felwick's a Plymothian too.

Sorry Peter, I genuinely thought that you and David had stood down from the board. I remember the Official Announcement hence my comment (and I assume Chancellor did as well).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
GreenSam":gg4uiipr said:
IJN":gg4uiipr said:
Electronic":gg4uiipr said:
Donā€™t you mean Argyle fans from Plymouth who live in London, Leeds and Southampton?

Most people who object to the plan feel that way simply because they donā€™t understand why James Brent bolted on the HHP plans unnecessarily and risked the grandstand refurb. The parking/traffic issues are a symptom of that. Letā€™s see what happens. Any delays been mooted yet?

I donā€™t recognise anyone as a ā€˜fanā€™ who put their personal grudges before the club.

And also some who genuinely objected to the proposal because they thought it the right thing to do rather than due to holding grudges...

I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy Sam. However those that fall into that category could obviously be called fans. However the majority of who I'm talking about, certainly wouldn't vote for anything JB suggested no matter what.

I admire you standing up for your mates, but please even you must realise that it's all about 'politics'.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada

Yeah but DHS does'nt count :coat:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Greenrod":175ehayd said:
Wasn't Simon Hallett brought up in Plymouth?

I think my (and Chancellor's) point was about people living locally. It really referred to the objectors but was somewhat sidelined.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":3c05mzan said:
GreenSam":3c05mzan said:
IJN":3c05mzan said:
Electronic":3c05mzan said:

I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy Sam. However those that fall into that category could obviously be called fans. However the majority of who I'm talking about, certainly wouldn't vote for anything JB suggested no matter what.

I admire you standing up for your mates, but please even you must realise that it's all about 'politics'.
Just a matter of principle in my eyes- if I knew or didn't know the people involved it'd be the same response.

Aug 3, 2017
IJN":2tvrmnno said:
Greenrod":2tvrmnno said:
Wasn't Simon Hallett brought up in Plymouth?

I think my (and Chancellor's) point was about people living locally. It really referred to the objectors but was somewhat sidelined.

Where do you draw the line? To me ā€œlocallyā€ to home park is Milehouse or cental park area.

Very often, not suggesting you per se, those that are local will object on nimby-ism. Like the idea but just donā€™t want it built near theym. In many cases Iā€™ve read supporters want the Grandstand but none of the supporting facilities.

I know the objectors support and want what is best for the club, to their minds, but at what cost? I mean to say, failure to get these plans through, means there are little to no additional non-matchday income which as weā€™ve seen feom the Sandy Park model represents circa Ā£6m extra income to the club. So what is so catastrophic about the extra income to Home Park?

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Not sure if it has been mentioned but updates and amendments to the planning application now uploaded on to the planning portal.

All trying to address the concerns raised in the previous public and relevant body comments.

Obviously they don't tackle the one about not wanting to line Brent's pockets, because you know thats sort of irrelevant.