A year ago this evening....... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A year ago this evening.......

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
PL2 3DQ":36xank2n said:
Incredible! You just can't buy or duplicate that feeling, one of the best Argyle moments ever. A double header as well. :)
Also a rare show of emotion from Adams
.......and the contrast on the other bench - I never thought I would say it but I actually felt sorry for Paul Cook when I saw the footage from behind his dugout as the goal goes in – he takes a quick swig from a water bottle then turns away (and towards the camera) with a horrible grimace on his face and throws the bottle into his kit bag. He really did look like a man in great pain trying bravely but failing to hide it.

Aug 11, 2013
My memory is probably playing tricks on me but didn't Kelvin Mellor have a dodgy moment right at the death where I'd thought he'd let them back in?

EDITED TO SAY: Just watched the last 5 minutes. Hairs standing up on the back of my neck all over again. The dodgy moment I was thinking of actually came before our goal. Mellor completely slices it and luckily it lands with McCormick. I suppose that passage of play ultimately led to the goal. There was one final dodgy moment when I thought he'd given away a penalty in the final seconds but ref gave it to us. One was always biting your nails when Kelvin was involved !

Mar 23, 2008
What a great moment, time is a healer as for a while I felt the Wembley no show took the gloss off that goal by what followed in the final, seemed a waste. Up there with Charlie Williams goal against Colchester in 96 for drama and the timing.

Apr 12, 2016
I was floating on air for about 36 hours after that. If you had punched me during that time I would have probably smiled and said 'Hey great punch mate :thumbs: '

Mar 3, 2012
plymade":rzy5iie8 said:
Watched it over a few times, especially the goal! But the limelight is stolen by the guy who fully dives over the hoardings, missing Hartley et al! Still laughing!!

haha! and the guy celebrating in a Sheffield united top...cracked me up!

Apr 6, 2009
i could watch it a 1000 times, such a great night

especially when i was thinking i really can't deal with this going to extra time.

i love Jervis' jump into the crowd and Adams celebration on the pitch - can't pick between the two

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Great moment but watch their keeper! WTF was he doing??!! I played in goal for PASALB a few times (as a keeper I was a reasonable midfield player!!) and think I would at least have had a go at getting a fist on it!! He just watches it go past him and then kneels down!! :facepalm:

Still, Hartley got there bless him!! Think Jervis was lucky to come back out of that crowd tbh!! :scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
The glory hunting Chelsea etc fans and the 'once a seasoners' will never enjoy such a moment or appreciate it. I feel sorry for them.

Aug 29, 2014
I was in blk 1 and when Hartley scored me and my 11 year old son was out of our seats and charging down the steps the sheer weight of numbers coming down knocked him off his feet and I just managed to grab him by his shirt and prevent him going to ground, we both made it to the bottom where it was absolute mayhem.
He gets ripped at school about Supporting Argyle but none of his plastic prem mates have ever experienced that passion.

That whole day was brilliant. Late kick off on a glorious sunny day. Few hours on the Barbican, few hours in the fansfest and a few brilliant hours in Home Park. The celebrations were the most crazy I've seen in the Devonport.

Feb 22, 2008
Great memories

I was on a sun lounger on holiday (5 hours time difference) and was gutted as missing my first home game of the season and a bloody play off at that.

Other half booked holiday and I agreed dates as thought we would finish in top 3......

I was dreading extra time as was getting the gears for listening to the "bloody football" when on holiday.

Then I went absolutely bonkers, falling off the lounger in the process and she thought I was having a heart attack! I am grinning inanely as I write this. Sweet.

On a par with Triggers goal against QPR