5000 season tickets and 1000 white memberships so far | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

5000 season tickets and 1000 white memberships so far

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Jerry stop getting personal, else a complaint will go in...

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
oddball":35ny81p2 said:
Jerry stop getting personal, else a complaint will go in...

Scared Jerry?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Jerry criticise the post but not the poster.....its against the rules.

Apr 3, 2010
Very encouraging sales, but can't help but think Argyle are missing out on a trick not offering some sort of membership package for fans that don't live within the south west.

I for one can't make many if any home games in a season because of the cost of travel so I prioritise my money I spend on localised argyle away games to me which thankfully this year there will be quite a few. I would happily pay an annual £50-£60 for a membership in return for some sort of priority on tickets + some money off in the club shop or something along those lines.

Not sure I can justify paying £120 for something I will use on the off chance we get a big game in my part of the world, I personally felt like the club did not meet the needs of Argyke fans who live away last season I only managed to secure Liverpool away tickets as I'd been to enough games on the system but buying that ticket proved virtually impossible as I work 9-5 couldn't get through on the phone system and they didn't make it available to purchase online. Luckily had a mate that lives locally who queued for my ticket else I'd of had no chance.

Bet there's plenty of others in the same boat as me but the club don't seem to care about missed revenue or supplying lifelong supporters priority for attending away games etc.

Jun 2, 2016
Blackpool pilgrim":bd0lynfc said:
Very encouraging sales, but can't help but think Argyle are missing out on a trick not offering some sort of membership package for fans that don't live within the south west.
I'm in the same boat as you, Blackpool. But do you think there are away games in the North West that will sell out for Argyle fans? In the South East Wimbledon away will sell out and maybe Southend. When you have a limited number of games available, paying to get priority makes sense as you say.

Apr 3, 2010
the_corkscrew":29qdhxf0 said:
Blackpool pilgrim":29qdhxf0 said:
I'm in the same boat as you, Blackpool. But do you think there are away games in the North West that will sell out for Argyle fans? In the South East Wimbledon away will sell out and maybe Southend. When you have a limited number of games available, paying to get priority makes sense as you say.
Just be nice to know I'd have priority over someone that just turns up off the street you cannot predict what is going to happen over the season. But luckily for me like you say I shouldn't have trouble getting tickets in the NW but I would pay for a membership tailored for a live away fan.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
You could join the Big Green Lottery and get the same privileges as White Members. £9.75 per month and chances of winning £100+ in the new weekly rollover draw, £500 in the monthly draw or £12,000 in the annual draw. Distance from Home Park is no problem and winners are spread far and wide.

Just making sure that you are aware of this option.

£500 winners in the last 2 years have included members from Salisbury, Surrey, Wiltshire and Leicester and the £12,000 winner in 2016 was from Southampton.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
oddball":42mk2x11 said:
just for the record and to put a bit of balance on this discussion .....Portsmouth have sold 12,000 season tickets....

Former Premier League club and FA Cup winners with a core fanbase of around 15,000 outsell us, now there's a shocker.

I'm not quite sure what your point is Oddball. Our numbers will always look small if you compare us to an unachievable target, it's not balance simply a poor choice in comparator.

6,000 is very good for a club of our size, it shows significant growth on last year and proves that we are going in the right direction again. Pompey although our division rivals are out of our league fanbase wise, there's no comparison to be had.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
davie nine":yqha0bre said:
You could join the Big Green Lottery and get the same privileges as White Members. £9.75 per month and chances of winning £100+ in the new weekly rollover draw, £500 in the monthly draw or £12,000 in the annual draw. Distance from Home Park is no problem and winners are spread far and wide.

Just making sure that you are aware of his option.

£500 winners in the last 2 years have included members from Salisbury, Surrey, Wiltshire and Leicester and the £12,000 winner in 2016 was from Southampton.

Tbh I'm not sure it would the ticket sales for the second Liverpool game was a shambles if you got a ticket for the away match at Anfield then you should have been able to get a ticket for the home game
Not being able to purchase in line and having to queue made me think next time we get a big game my support is not wanted
I will still go when I can but I am not paying a premium for it when Janner Joe who lives up the road can Get his season ticket mate to get him one from his one season ticket by being allowed to purchase 4 tickets from one season ticket

Just saying that's what stinks argyle after 14 away matches and attending 1st round of cup

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Blackpool pilgrim":5l1t41ft said:
the_corkscrew":5l1t41ft said:
Blackpool pilgrim":5l1t41ft said:
Just be nice to know I'd have priority over someone that just turns up off the street you cannot predict what is going to happen over the season. But luckily for me like you say I shouldn't have trouble getting tickets in the NW but I would pay for a membership tailored for a live away fan.

How would you expect this to work?

If Argyle sells you a (for instance) white ticket to be used for away games, we don't get the financial benefit for those games plus we have no idea if we're selling at a discounted rate for each or every game. Then they'd have to know which games you're going to go to which would automatically come off our allotment. You would want to use your "white ticket" as your pre-paid ticket to any games at say Liverpool subverting the need to queue as other season ticket holders would for a cup game.

Argyle would in fact be subsidising your away tickets at their costs and doing your admin for you.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Ade the green":12yi1l81 said:
Blackpool pilgrim":12yi1l81 said:
the_corkscrew":12yi1l81 said:
Blackpool pilgrim":12yi1l81 said:

If Argyle sells you a (for instance) white ticket to be used for away games, we don't get the financial benefit for those games plus we have no idea if we're selling at a discounted rate for each or every game. Then they'd have to know which games you're going to go to which would automatically come off our allotment. You would want to use your "white ticket" as your pre-paid ticket to any games at say Liverpool subverting the need to queue as other season ticket holders would for a cup game.

Argyle would in fact be subsidising your away tickets at their costs and doing your admin for you.
I think he's suggesting a system where you pay for a membership and don't get any games, but you get a priority on tickets. It would be quite simple to implement. A fair few clubs do it already.

Apr 3, 2010
Argy1e":6bzywqvn said:
Ade the green":6bzywqvn said:
Blackpool pilgrim":6bzywqvn said:
the_corkscrew":6bzywqvn said:
Blackpool pilgrim":6bzywqvn said:

I think he's suggesting a system where you pay for a membership and don't get any games, but you get a priority on tickets. It would be quite simple to implement. A fair few clubs do it already.
Exactly this, I for example pay around £50 for a season and get priority of some kind on games plus a small discount in the club shop something along those lines.

Very easy to implement and really from the clubs point of view an easy money making stream even if only 100 were sold that's £5000 easy money as it happens I think they'd sell plenty more.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Blackpool pilgrim":2cpevbqw said:
Argy1e":2cpevbqw said:
Ade the green":2cpevbqw said:
the_corkscrew":2cpevbqw said:

Is that not the case for the green lottery then as mentioned earlier by Dave?

Exactly this, I for example pay around £50 for a season and get priority of some kind on games plus a small discount in the club shop something along those lines.

Very easy to implement and really from the clubs point of view an easy money making stream even if only 100 were sold that's £5000 easy money as it happens I think they'd sell plenty more.