New AFT Officers post AGM | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New AFT Officers post AGM

Dec 21, 2010
Thanks Ian. Much appreciated. I'm still on the board. Just letting some others bathe in the warm, fuzzy glow of chair and vice chairmanship.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Good on ya for sticking your head above the parapet Bob.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
argyledad":2vxtx1ox said:
Thanks Ian. Much appreciated. I'm still on the board. Just letting some others bathe in the warm, fuzzy glow of chair and vice chairmanship.

Can you answer me this please Bob?

Was the new Chair ever elected by the membership or was he co-opted?

B

BallboyEGS1958

There has been no voting by AFT members for board members for the past two year, due to lack of people putting themselves up for election.
So anyone that put themselves forward were automatically added to the board.
I have made observations on the AGM and the lead up to it on earlier posts and leave it to AFT members to make up their own minds, regarding their thoughts on it.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
argyledad":2mi1ys2b said:
Hi Andy. The new chairman was indeed elected by the membership.

When I enquired about this before the AGM I was told there would not be an election as there were fewer candidates than positions.

I certainly did not receive any election "bumf".

All seems a bit North Korean,

Dec 21, 2010
Elections are held every year. All AFT board members have been elected except for Sue, who is coopted. All further information can be found on the AFT website.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
argyledad":200iospj said:
Elections are held every year. All AFT board members have been elected except for Sue, who is coopted. All further information can be found on the AFT website.
I am really pleased to see these prompt answers. Guess there was no shared interest in my post and pm about including a museum in the refurb grandstand? As I was the ONLY respondent to your post of 07 Jan asking for views it was particularly disappointing to be ignored. A pm on the 23rd has met with the same indifference. It is a pity as I have always defended the difficulty of being an AFT officer and in particular the chair.

Dec 21, 2010
My apologies Memory Man, but I have received no p ms from you since September 2016. The first item to be donated to any museum will be Michael Foot's original Argyle scarf which is currently owned by the AFT