The Competitiveness of League One | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Competitiveness of League One

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Argy1e":2vefp9s1 said:
Balham_Green":2vefp9s1 said:
Argy1e":2vefp9s1 said:
Balham_Green":2vefp9s1 said:
Rob_GT4":2vefp9s1 said:
I agree with the OP for the most part, I've been surprised by the quality some of the 'lesser' teams have got let alone the teams towards the top end (Blackburn have some ridiculous players for this level). I would go so far as to say that actually our squads is one of the weakest I've seen so far and is pretty much still just a good league 2 squad, but luckily we've got Derek Adams who will no doubt get the most out of them.

So you have assessed all the squads have you? You have an in depth knowledge of all lower league players? I dont think you know what you are talking about.
Just because you don't, doesn't mean other people don't. I know plenty of people who do.

Really? So how did they gain that knowledge? Have they all been watching lots of League 1 matches regularly?
Basically, yes.

To coin a phrase - "poppycock"

In order to achieve this, that person would also have had to have watched Championship and League 2 games.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Andy_S":32pfgo6e said:
Argy1e":32pfgo6e said:
Balham_Green":32pfgo6e said:
Argy1e":32pfgo6e said:
Balham_Green":32pfgo6e said:
Rob_GT4":32pfgo6e said:
I agree with the OP for the most part, I've been surprised by the quality some of the 'lesser' teams have got let alone the teams towards the top end (Blackburn have some ridiculous players for this level). I would go so far as to say that actually our squads is one of the weakest I've seen so far and is pretty much still just a good league 2 squad, but luckily we've got Derek Adams who will no doubt get the most out of them.

So you have assessed all the squads have you? You have an in depth knowledge of all lower league players? I dont think you know what you are talking about.
Just because you don't, doesn't mean other people don't. I know plenty of people who do.

Really? So how did they gain that knowledge? Have they all been watching lots of League 1 matches regularly?
Basically, yes.

In order to achieve this, that person would also have had to have watched Championship and League 2 games.
Not sure why you're making it sound like that's impossible to do. It's not.

Sep 6, 2006
Not impossible but pretty unlikely that 'plenty of people do' that you know, as you are suggesting! Would involve a hell of a lot of travelling.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Argy1e":h634cwsq said:
Balham_Green":h634cwsq said:
Balham_Green":h634cwsq said:
Rob_GT4":h634cwsq said:

Basically, yes.

Not sure why you're making it sound like that's impossible to do. It's not.[/quote]

And there's me thinking that these people watching all these other teams in action, every week were Argyle supporters!

How remiss of me!

btw, in order to achieve this impossible task, on any given weekend (rather than just Saturday) there are 23 Championship, 23 League 1 and 23 League 2 games...69 Football League games. That's 69...got that?

Please tell us all how exactly Mr Kent in his alter-ego manages to watch 6210 minutes of football in a 4320 minute timescale?

Possible??? Really???

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
By going to the occasional live game, watching most of the league matches broadcast on Sky and reading match reports and other football news I think one could gain a reasonable idea of the standard of other teams.

Personally, though, I do none of that so have got no idea whatsoever!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Andy_S":maqylvpn said:
Argy1e":maqylvpn said:
Not sure why you're making it sound like that's impossible to do. It's not.

And there's me thinking that these people watching all these other teams in action, every week were Argyle supporters!

How remiss of me!

btw, in order to achieve this impossible task, on any given weekend (rather than just Saturday) there are 23 Championship, 23 League 1 and 23 League 2 games...69 Football League games. That's 69...got that?

Please tell us all how exactly Mr Kent in his alter-ego manages to watch 6210 minutes of football in a 4320 minute timescale?

Possible??? Really???
You're just being silly now. Nobody said every match. You wouldn't have to watch every Argyle game to have an in depth knowledge of the team. Nobody said these people were Argyle fans either. They simply watch a lot of football and a lot of players and have a decent knowledge of it. Maybe you don't, but a lot of people do.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Not been on here so much lately, so catching up with this thread and people's expectations.

Argyle finishing in the bottom half of the 3rd tier was from the 70s onwards regarded as a poor season. Admittedly we are no longer generally viewed as a lower 2nd tier/ upper 3rd tier side since our whirlwind fall through the leagues, but, personally, I think a club of our side and off field stability should be more than capable of comfortably avoiding a relegation scrap next season.