Still waiting on : - | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Still waiting on : -

Who do you think will stay?

• Reuben Reid

Votes: 47 23.4%
  • Kelvin Mellor

Votes: 67 33.3%
  • Curtis Nelson

Votes: 18 9.0%
  • Carl McHugh

Votes: 115 57.2%
  • Vincent Dorel

Votes: 164 81.6%
  • Ryan Brunt

Votes: 187 93.0%
  • Tyler Harvey

Votes: 119 59.2%
  • Ben Purrington

Votes: 177 88.1%

• Total voters
Mar 8, 2016
SwimWithTheTide":3i2qvt7r said:
Bubba":3i2qvt7r said:
The top 3 are nailed on to move in my opinion, McHugh I really hope signs and stays for the long term.

Long term being... One year contract and hope for the same each summer?

Seems to be the boards preferred option. 1 year contracts and completely new team each season. Next season pre season we will require a new squad and manager. Let's hope a new (insult removed by Admin) owner. Fed up with club/(most) fans being happy with being substandard.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
SwimWithTheTide":2071mbi5 said:
Bubba":2071mbi5 said:
The top 3 are nailed on to move in my opinion, McHugh I really hope signs and stays for the long term.

Hardly inspiring is it? I would hope a 2 year with an option of a third. That way both player and club have some stability. I would also make him captain but that's just my opinion too!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Bubba":2i5xlmdj said:
SwimWithTheTide":2i5xlmdj said:
Bubba":2i5xlmdj said:

Hardly inspiring is it? I would hope a 2 year with an option of a third. That way both player and club have some stability. I would also make him captain but that's just my opinion too!

Fully agree. Players like McHugh and Nelson, young proven and committed players with terrific futures, should be nailed down on longer term deals.

Brent spoke towards the end of the season that they were finalising budgets for the eventuality of league one or league two depending on whether we went up or not, but he's also spoken previously of five year plans. So is our one year contract policy to do with budgets not being sorted until towards the end of the season? If so it seems rather short sighted and lacking in any real planning.

Its surely within the club's best interests to ensure that our best players don't walk away for nothing or below our valuation of them. Obviously with Nelson we're protected by his age, but its likely that we're going to receive less for him than we value him at.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
Bottom four will stay I would have thought the others if they were going to stay would have already signed surprised Brunt hasn't signed yet

Apr 1, 2009
davie nine":37oyav22 said:
Now 6. We should find out about them tomorrow, I assume.

Do we still want them after today's influx?

I think today's influx confirms the departure of Nelson, Reid and Harvey, and believe Mellor is off too.

McHugh is the one that we realistically need to keep. Dorel too, but easier to replace.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Talking of Mellor. I have watched the official site's 16 options for Goal of the Season and was surprised to see how many of the goals have involved him in the build-up.

Of course, he makes mistakes but his runs are very deceptive and the level of criticism that he gets is very unfair. I am aware that we have had a lengthy thread on this, and I don't want to re-ignite it, but I do think that a lot of his work goes unrecognised.

davie nine":2ltyauo6 said:
Talking of Mellor. I have watched the official site's 16 options for Goal of the Season and was surprised to see how many of the goals have involved him in the build-up.

Of course, he makes mistakes but his runs are very deceptive and the level of criticism that he gets is very unfair. I am aware that we have had a lengthy thread on this, and I don't want to re-ignite it, but I do think that a lot of his work goes unrecognised.

Fully agree, quite a fan actually, just keep it quiet on here for obvious reasons. Has his moments, but an asset to a squad.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Richard Allan":38d6vzvu said:
davie nine":38d6vzvu said:

Fully agree, quite a fan actually, just keep it quiet on here for obvious reasons. Has his moments, but an asset to a squad.

Does my nut in. Mainly because he can actually be very good, but is so often a liability. Was a total game changer when a sub against Yeovil away. Could be a terrific squad asset, but emphasise squad there.

Aug 10, 2014
Is it midnight tonight that contracts expire and players become free agents. Once they haven't agreed a contract by midnight, does it also mean they can't resign after that time?

C

Cobi Budge.

If we want to sign them & they want to sign for us, surely we'll still be able to get them after today? Just depends on whether Derek will 'cut them loose' and go with what we've got or hang on for a bit longer. On the one hand, they were given a deadline & they should really stick to it, but on the other, players like McHugh & Nelson aren't easy to replace.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Which makes me think if they were to sign on for us they world have already