Zoo Corner | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Zoo Corner

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Having more singers in Zoo Corner meant a lot more fans between the Devonport singers and Zoo singers were brought into it, creating a cracking atmosphere at times.
My only disappointment is that, after apparently 10yrs of persuading the club to allow the more vociferous fans back to this area, it took 10minutes after kick off for fans in Zoo Corner to start fighting amongst themselves. If this is their behaviour and its deemed an acceptable side affect of this style of support, then the club need to mark this area off to avoid less regular fans (like Steve's friends) from accidentally being sat amongst it.
Two individuals were forcibly removed by other fans and a steward following a racist remarks. Perhaps next time do some digging before ridiculing the behaviour of others? Unless you believe that others should be complicit with casual racism, of course.

Aug 16, 2021
Two individuals were forcibly removed by other fans and a steward following a racist remarks. Perhaps next time do some digging before ridiculing the behaviour of others? Unless you believe that others should be complicit with casual racism, of course.
I believe fans shouldn't start punching each other resulting in injuries, which is what I saw unless I imagined it. If racism is happening, tell the stewards or cops, point out the offenders, let them do their job. Don't start windmilling and undo all the work the guys put in to get that corner back. The club will clearly be watching that corner to make sure they've made the right decision of allowing the 'Ultras' back......why make their decision easier?

Jan 11, 2016
The week-end of the Sunderland match will coincide with the 60th anniversary of the opening of Plymouth Zoo. How about everyone in suitable fancy dress in Zoo Corner? Should be a great day out with promotion in the bag and attractive opposition!

Jun 5, 2020
I believe fans shouldn't start punching each other resulting in injuries, which is what I saw unless I imagined it. If racism is happening, tell the stewards or cops, point out the offenders, let them do their job. Don't start windmilling and undo all the work the guys put in to get that corner back. The club will clearly be watching that corner to make sure they've made the right decision of allowing the 'Ultras' back......why make their decision easier?
As one of the guys who worked with the club to open Zoo corner then I fully back the actions of the guys that stood up to the racism last night. They confronted said offenders who shouted the racist abuse and were met with violence so I fully understand why they defended themselves.

On the subject of violence then anyone wearing any animal fancy dress should be forcibly removed as well for the Sunderland game :)

Jun 5, 2020
Will they still use it next season when, I assume, Lyndhurst, rather than, Lower Mayflower, prices will apply?
Yes, considering the majority of the people I know don’t have season tickets for various reasons.

We were asked to move by the Club and did so, and in my opinion and many others - Tuesday night was a success and we’d like to keep it that way.

Jan 2, 2019
The problem as I see it is Home Park has fallen into the trap of singing those crap generic songs that are sung by loads of other clubs. I’d rather have three zoo corners than all that and the flag waving nonsense you get before games. You want a decent hostile atmosphere for away teams and fans. Carry on Zoo corner, you don’t like it tough.

A bit late to the party, but now I'm back, and with only a flexi-ticket at this stage, I find myself going to Zoo Corner whereas previously I was a ST in the Devonport. It's more of a laugh down there, a bit more throw-back, lots of people I used to see on away games, different chants etc, but you also get to see a full Devonport, quite literally, bouncing. Just enjoy wherever you are in the ground, we're all Argyle after all.

Plus, I got an (over-priced) half-time beer with time to drink it without missing any of the game at all.

ps. Hi Ian!

Reactions: WoodfordWall
Jun 27, 2019
My plans for the weekend have just changed so I'm able to go on Saturday. The only part of the ground I was able to find three seats together in was in the Zoo Corner, so I guess word has already spread that it's best avoided for most people!

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
The problem as I see it is Home Park has fallen into the trap of singing those crap generic songs that are sung by loads of other clubs. I’d rather have three zoo corners than all that and the flag waving nonsense you get before games. You want a decent hostile atmosphere for away teams and fans. Carry on Zoo corner, you don’t like it tough.
Funny, I’ve never linked being tough with being racist, or homophobic…simple minded maybe. Don’t mind a loud hostile atmosphere do mind those who use it as a cover to spew their bile.

Reactions: Mark Pedlar
Sep 19, 2015
Really? I see plenty in block G of the lower mayflower. You either need your eyes tested or a change of agenda, I will leave that decision up to you. Enjoy the game Saturday

Aug 4, 2011
My plans for the weekend have just changed so I'm able to go on Saturday. The only part of the ground I was able to find three seats together in was in the Zoo Corner, so I guess word has already spread that it's best avoided for most people!
Plus they’ve only just opened up block 18 after opening block 17 last weekend.