Zoo Corner | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zoo Corner

Sep 6, 2006
They were excellent, as were several areas of the ground with them all adding to the atmosphere.

If it was possible in the future I'd love to have "Bobby's Garden" developed as the away area, with the away fans coaches dropping and picking them up from there as well. Then we could have our fans behind both goals creating an even more intimidating home atmosphere, I notice several clubs have both goals for home fans.

Cracking night, great performance, stunning atmosphere.
Not sure where their microphones are but the atmosphere just doesn't come across on Argyle TV.

Aug 4, 2011
Was brilliant and also draws in those in Blocks 14/13 to create an atmosphere that they otherwise wouldn’t. Argyle just need to sort the catering service out underneath to match the speed of the Mayflower. With the GT bar open for all midweek, the music from behind the Mayflower and the “lights show” it really did feel like a club encouraging fans to join in, feel part of it, and more importantly be encouraged to create an atmosphere not deterred from doing so with warning letters on seats and the like that has happened in the not so distant past. I hope the popularity grows, and to have a further 100 - 200 in the lower mayflower on dry days would really make the place rock.

Aug 13, 2009
Sat in block 8 last night and I thought the Devonport end were excellent, maintaining a decent noise for most of the game. Didn't really hear Zoo Corner but that was probably because I was sat near the Devonport.

May 3, 2019
We could hear Zoo Corner from Block 4 in the Devonport End during the lulls at our end and it was great to hear. A few of us were reminiscing about standing over there close to the away crowd and the ‘banter’ we had with them back in the good old days. As previous posters have mentioned it would be intimidating for teams to come down to HP with the place rocking at both ends.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Great to hear. From the early/mid 90s the lyndhurst towards the away fans was always my preferred spot, have really missed that option in terms of atmosphere in recent years. Well done everyone involved. COYG.

Reactions: Cobalt 60

The Pasty Kid

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
Sat in block 8 last night and I thought the Devonport end were excellent, maintaining a decent noise for most of the game. Didn't really hear Zoo Corner but that was probably because I was sat near the Devonport.
Yeah I couldn't hear zoo corner from block 10

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
There was more variety of chants in Zoo Corner in one night than in the Devonport over the past few seasons. Certainly less happy-clappy.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Fair comment but at least the DE keeps it going even when things are a bit flat on the pitch.
The last thing I want to do is knock the effort of the boys and girls in the Devonport End. The ‘everywhere we go’ and ‘since I was young’ chants on repeat just irk me.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Sounded like Zoo corner was buzzing from top middle of grandstand. Lots of different/nostalgic songs great to hear both ends rocking.

Reactions: saxman

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Sitting in the upper Mayflower on Tuesday the zoo corner sounded great and as previous posters pointed out, there was a different set of chants (of those I prefer much more). It's always nice to have some chants between both sets of fans as opposed to singing how much we love Ryan Lowe for 90 minutes.

The zoo will grow and grow to the end of the season and can see it getting back to the level it was in the championship days which will greatly improve the atmosphere at HP. Can't believe the club closed one of the main atmospheric areas in the first place anyway!

Zoo

Last edited:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Sitting in the upper Mayflower last night the zoo corner sounded great and as previous posters pointed out, there was a different set of chants (of those I prefer much more). It's always nice to have some chants between both sets of fans as opposed to singing how much we love Ryan Lowe for 90 minutes.

The zoo will grow and grow to the end of the season and can see it getting back to the level it was in the championship days which will greatly improve the atmosphere at HP. Can't believe the club closed one of the main atmospheric areas in the first place anyway!

Zoo
Besides the fact the game was on Tuesday, not last night, shouldn't you have been in the zoo corner? :)

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Besides the fact the game was on Tuesday, not last night, shouldn't you have been in the zoo corner? :)
Edited 😁

Had to sit in the Mayflower due to the people I attended the game with having season tickets in the moany Mayflower. Look forward getting back to the rightful place between ~block 14-18.