Zoo Corner | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Zoo Corner

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
From a position in the middle of the lower Mayflower, I would say it is great to hear our fans in stereo! Loved it. When one group tailed off, generally the other found their voice.

Jul 13, 2021
Sitting in the Grandstand could hear both zoo corner and Devonport end. Sounded strange at times both groups singing different songs after so long without that. Got to be honest though may probably be a minority view but think crowd noise when just Devonport End and rest of crowd joined in with them was louder. This was because last night half Lyndhurst joining in with zoo corner other half the Devonport end.

Mar 23, 2019
Sitting in the Grandstand could hear both zoo corner and Devonport end. Sounded strange at times both groups singing different songs after so long without that. Got to be honest though may probably be a minority view but think crowd noise when just Devonport End and rest of crowd joined in with them was louder. This was because last night half Lyndhurst joining in with zoo corner other half the Devonport end.
The Devonport will always be louder but it's great to see the old Zoo Corner back and contributing to making HP a cauldron. Never again should it be closed and never again should the kids section be right next to the away fans.

Last edited:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Purely from a TV angle as it will be December before I can get to HP but I think the Devonport End currently has the best atmosphere it has had for 50 years. Family members who sit in block 3 agree with me. It was great to see it packed last night. There is no doubt though that with Zoo corner back in action the atmosphere will benefit greatly especially for the bigger games when they could possibly outdo the Devonport End. I felt I was in a small minority recently suggesting home fans should move to the BE end where the players' tunnel is but was surprised when those family members agreed. I guess if that happened though Zoo corner enthusiasts would camp in block 5?

Jun 9, 2006
Exmuff
rare trip over to Mayflower last night and great to have Zoo corner back in full voice, we are the lyndhurst :) like poster above loved Sarce chant

Sep 19, 2015
Was great to see the change of tact working so well in its debut outing and what an atmosphere it created. Fair play to both the lads who organised this and the club for making this happen.

The Devonport End has been carrying the flag of creating any sort of atmosphere at Home Park for over a decade. Add Zoo corner back into this mix and hopefully those souless games where you could hear a pin drop will be a thing of the past.

If the atmosphere continues where it left off last night, I can see the popularity of Zoo Corner snowballing to match the Devonport End for popularity, this can only be a benefit for both the team and the club.

Great to hear a few of the old songs being belted out also, was like being back in the Championship at times!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Only heard the zoo once but then o was in the Demport and there weren't many lulls.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
They were excellent, as were several areas of the ground with them all adding to the atmosphere.

If it was possible in the future I'd love to have "Bobby's Garden" developed as the away area, with the away fans coaches dropping and picking them up from there as well. Then we could have our fans behind both goals creating an even more intimidating home atmosphere, I notice several clubs have both goals for home fans.

Cracking night, great performance, stunning atmosphere.

Jun 24, 2008
I've great memories of sitting in ZC during the Championship days. I have a DE season ticket now but last night it was great to hear it all going off again after so long.

Same here, was great to see it back but once a Devonport-ender, always a Devonport-ender so there i will stay.