Your top 3 albums | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your top 3 albums

Apr 22, 2019
Definitely - the live edition of Electric Co. especially good. After that they really discovered America. Didn’t mind their stuff thereafter but it somehow felt a little bit faux compared to the raw sound of the early albums.
I remember seeing them support Stiff Little Fingers in the very early 80s and they were fantastic.

I can also remember being at The Great Hall, Exeter University to see them the day War went to no.1 in the album charts. I thought it was their poorest release at the time although their live show was excellent. Unfortunately Bono was just embarking on his “preach to the crowd” career which I found about as exciting as watching Argyle under Ian Foster.

Reactions: Frank Butcher
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I really can't choose three. Well, I will, but it'll probably be different if you asked me again this time tomorrow.

But for today, it'll be:

Al Stewart - Past, Present & Future
Brian Eno - Thursday Afternoon
David Sylvian - Gone to Earth

olive green

⚽️ Gyabi Sponsor ⚽️
Amii Kearly Sponsor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 3, 2004
Liverpool
As with Quinny, it depends. For a mellow Sunday morning:

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Keith Jarrett - The Melody at Night, With You
Diana Krall - When I look in Your Eyes

But the next 3 on my playlist are a bit Bristolian:

Portishead - Dummy
Massive Attack - Protection (featuring the fabulous Tracy Thorn)
Morcheeba - Big Calm

Jul 23, 2021
Personal choice:
Grave New World - Strawbs
A Question of Balance - Moody Blues
Stormcock - Roy Harper
Obviously Sgt Pepper (Beatles), Physical Graffitti (Led Zep) Dark Side of The Moon (Pink Floyd)...and maybe Harvest (Neil Young) are all up there!

Reactions: Quinny

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
The Innocents - Erasure
Slippery when Wet- Bon Jovi
Songs of Faith & Devotion- Depeche Mode
Bold choice, the three album run (Music for the Masses, Violator, SoF&D ) is fantastic, hard to pick a favourite, normally would depend on my mood.

One of the best bands I’ve seen live as well, Dave Gahan has a great stage presence.

In ascending order:

3 - 1985. All the snaps of me crying because I had sand in my gluteal sulcus.

2 - 1998. The whole photo release from Smile on the Tiles in August. I chased that snapper trying to bomb any photo I could, but he was adamant that this thing on the front of my head would not be seen in one of his pictures. So I put all the published ones in an album to reminisce like.

1 - Granny. Yes, Granny. I loved Granny, she was brilliant. One thing we could never figure out though was what her obsession was with busy washing lines. To all those who lost their knickers in the 80s, rest assured that she ate them respectfully. Good ol' Granny.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
⚽️ Gyabi Sponsor ⚽️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
OK Computer - Radiohead
Operation Mindcrime - Queensryche
Rio - Duran Duran.

jespafc

🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Forever Changes - Love
Peasants, pigs and astronauts - kula shaker
The Flying Club Cup - Beirut
For any 'Love' fans on here, I saw them perform the whole of Forever Changes accompanied with horns and strings at Shepherd's Bush Empire last night. It was fantastic and the venue was sold out, so the classic 60s psychedelia lives on!

I also ended up in a pub near the venue before the gig surrounded by QPR fans as they'd just had a pre-season friendly. Pleasant fans and we had a chat about THAT 2003/04 season and a few of them seemed pretty confident about their chances this season.

jespafc

🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Fantastic album. Who was in the Love line up?
Johnny Echols is the only original member left, but the other guys have basically played with them since 1996 and are Love fanatics and amazing musicians in their own right. Arthur Lee strongly endorsed them and they were pivotal to his revival in the early 2000s before his death.

They're well worth seeing. I'll be going to their gigs in Bristol and Cardiff on the 1st and 2nd of August too.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum
Sep 3, 2009
Tend not to listen to many full albums these days but 3 that would stand the test of time and still have me listening from start to finish:

Technique - New Order
Songs from the Big Chair - Tears for Fears
By the Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers