Votes: 9 18.4%

Votes: 4 8.2%

Votes: 7 14.3%

Votes: 10 20.4%

Votes: 2 4.1%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
Apr 1, 2017
Get there early as advised by the club....no que at turnstiles or the kiosk's... Sit in seat ..watch game, then go home.
How hard is that?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Get there early as advised by the club....no que at turnstiles or the kiosk's... Sit in seat ..watch game, then go home.
How hard is that?
You’d have to get there pretty early to avoid any queuing. I guess if the facilities were better inside the ground then people would be more inclined to go early and do their waiting in the concourse, spending money there in the process.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
How hard is that?
It really is as simple as that.

I do think that some of the searching of kids and pensioners could be more 'intelligence led' so to speak, but the same old moans about queues are just boring.

2pm get pasty (proper one, NOT Ginsters or Dewdney’s) 2.15 - walk in, watch the warm ups, 2.45 go to seat. Enjoy game (or not as the case may be), 4.55ish go home.

I know there might be issues with buses etc, but I come down from Exeter so there is an element of planning involved. 😀

How difficult can it be?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
You’d have to get there pretty early to avoid any queuing. I guess if the facilities were better inside the ground then people would be more inclined to go early and do their waiting in the concourse, spending money there in the process.

100%. If there was a good offering we’d probably leave the pub a bit earlier, but we get into the ground at the last minute so we can spend the bare minimum amount of time there. And at HT, I actually left my seat on 40 minutes, I still didn’t get served until the second half was starting.

Reactions: GCH1965
Sep 18, 2010
It really is as simple as that.

I do think that some of the searching of kids and pensioners could be more 'intelligence led' so to speak, but the same old moans about queues are just boring.

2pm get pasty (proper one, NOT Ginsters or Dewdney’s) 2.15 - walk in, watch the warm ups, 2.45 go to seat. Enjoy game (or not as the case may be), 4.55ish go home.

I know there might be issues with buses etc, but I come down from Exeter so there is an element of planning involved. 😀

How difficult can it be?
Exactly PPPPPP

May 16, 2016
How hard is that?
Because if you're in the Lyndhurst side, there's eff all in between. I get there early and avoid queues, buy a coffee (sometimes a tea) then sit in a drafty stand until I go home. I do that to avoid the excessive queues and inevitable loss of sense of organisation as it fills up. I might get the occasional drip on my head from the roof but I'm used to that now. If the PA isn't too loud and the wind is in the right direction, I might hear the music and frivolities coming from behind the Mayflower through the sound of my chattering teeth. I could cast my eyes to the left and see people in what appears to be a members only club as it's difficult to find out how to get in if you've never been there.

If I avoid the main crush and eventually get out of the Lyndhurst, I can walk alongside the boozed up away fans towards the bottlenecked car park. They may have even put the wheelie bins back, might look for rats next time.

Other than that it's a jolly old experience in the more expensive side.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
The day was ruined by Neanderthals.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Because if you're in the Lyndhurst side, there's eff all in between. I get there early and avoid queues, buy a coffee (sometimes a tea) then sit in a drafty stand until I go home. I do that to avoid the excessive queues and inevitable loss of sense of organisation as it fills up. I might get the occasional drip on my head from the roof but I'm used to that now. If the PA isn't too loud and the wind is in the right direction, I might hear the music and frivolities coming from behind the Mayflower through the sound of my chattering teeth. I could cast my eyes to the left and see people in what appears to be a members only club as it's difficult to find out how to get in if you've never been there.

If I avoid the main crush and eventually get out of the Lyndhurst, I can walk alongside the boozed up away fans towards the bottlenecked car park. They may have even put the wheelie bins back, might look for rats next time.

Other than that it's a jolly old experience in the more expensive side.
1638096446389.jpeg

Blimey Guiri - you sure you weren’t on the set of Apocalypse Now 😀

Reactions: Guiri Green
Apr 1, 2017
100%. If there was a good offering we’d probably leave the pub a bit earlier, but we get into the ground at the last minute so we can spend the bare minimum amount of time there. And at HT, I actually left my seat on 40 minutes, I still didn’t get served until the second half was starting.
I never understand why people need refreshments at half time tbh...
The fact people can't go more than 45 minutes without a beer and are willing to miss 10 -20 minutes of the match that they have paid to watch , is mind boggling.
Each to their own I suppose

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I never understand why people need refreshments at half time tbh...
The fact people can't go more than 45 minutes without a beer and are willing to miss 10 -20 minutes of the match that they have paid to watch , is mind boggling.
Each to their own I suppose

Fair enough, it's a personal preference I guess. I quite like to go down at half time, have a pint and a chat with people about the first half who don't sit near me. What I'm saying is the facilities cannot handle the volume of people and actually, the club are missing out on extra revenue, because most people just give up.

Reactions: chester
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
The searches are over the top but they're not helped by fans failing to prepare.

We're in the queue, you know you'll get searched, open you bag, turn out your pockets, be ready to say when you've got and it'll be quick. Or, wait until you get to the front and force everyone else to wait while you slowly open your bag and pull the keys out of your pocket.

Its a 2 way street. Help make the searches quicker by being ready.

Still, they need reviewing anyway as clearly they didn't find that Wigan flare (do flares have metal in them?) and are too slow.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I don’t think the stadium is fit for purpose in hosting 15,000+ fans. I am not sure how the club can reduce the queues at the turnstiles and kiosks. How did we cope in the Championship?

Yep, the searches etc really don't help, but I think the stadium has real design flaws that obviously can't be easily fixed.