• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This is a non-football thread to discuss your matchday experience for today's game against Wigan.

An opportunity to give your thoughts, praise and criticism following your visit to Home Park today, giving overall marks out of 10.

The club would also like to receive feedback by email ... feedback@pafc.co.uk.

Reactions: tartanjohn
May 17, 2012
So today we get another set of prosletysing announcements aimed at ‘making people safe’ in the ground for things that never happen. We get 6 year old kids having their bags searched by strangers. But , when it comes to real safety in the ground- belligerent supporters and away fans who set off flares in the ground and kids scared for their safety - what use your ‘safety’ hotlines then ? Useless stewards and no crowd control. Can we have someone in charge of ground safety who knows how football really works please ?

Jul 23, 2021
Where to start? Chaotic queues outside the Lyndhurst, no queuing structure, pointless security checks (obviously the away fans are not checked for pyrotechnics!), many missed the KO despite queuing from 2.30 or before...once inside it is uninviting 'hospitality' in a semi wind tunnel that is the beneath Lyndhurst 'experience'. Its dismal stuff Argyle. Devonport subterranean no better but at least has atmosphere. Staff really do their best, it's the process and infrastructure that need sorting.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The queuing and searches at the turnstiles really need to be sorted.
Queues merge into each other, emptying pockets and bags take forever (and still flares get into the stadium) and fans arriving into their seats 10 minutes after kick-off.

The red wheel bins that were outside the Lyndhurst were moved towards the Barn Park End of the Lyndhurst a few weeks ago but were today in two rows which caused a big bottle neck, a few stewards did attempt to move the second row of bins out of the way through the crowds which wasn't easy or safe to do so.
Didn't anyone know these bins would be in the way of the queues for a sell out?

On the plus side the pre-match music was turned off which helped the atmosphere and the new retail outlet looked busy.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Arrived early but still took 15 minutes to reach the turnstiles - all due to security wanding every customer, even infants. It’s a complete joke, especially as no pockets are emptied and the wand is beeping all over the place.
The steward at my turnstile was waving his wand at me whilst fist bumping his mates as they passed.
Argyle really need to sort this out it is very unprofessional.

Jan 6, 2004
The searching is ridiculous. At the mayflower turnstiles they had one searcher for every two turnstiles so effectively one in two turnstile operators were twiddling their thumbs at any one time while the queue stretched back for 20 minutes. I saw old men women and children being searched. I don’t see this at any other ground. Why does a club that Is getting so much right still get such obvious things wrong?

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Awful. Limited Beer. No stewards in the Spion Cop to stop some very drunk people standing in front of my kid and elderly Mum.

Police trying to send us, including my elderly Mum and Dad back up to Mayflower end to walk back down the hill rather than down the steps. When I politely asked why I was told to avoid the commotion. Given how slow we had been getting out of the ground there was clearly no-one at the bottom of the steps and they eventually let us go as my Mum had a walking stick. If we did want trouble quite why sending us up to where all the Wigan fans now were was an odd choice by the police. Very odd.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Could the tw@ts who park on the Double Yellow Lines adjacent to the Park and Ride post match to pick up their loved ones fudge Off and STOP blocking the road for those wanting to leave the ground. Was an absolute mess today in particular as they parked on both sides, narrowing the road down to one usable lane 🤬

Reactions: bigalf and Superguy
Oct 12, 2021
Some people will always say I am not going again are they argyle fans or not, but the queue,s today were terrible, got there at 1420 and just about made the kick off, I got searched fair enough, as did children and women, surprise surprise they had nothing on them, pyrotechnics is disappointing to still get in the ground

Reactions: GCH1965

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Funny how the Wigan fans managed to get flares into the stadium but I was pulled out of line for having change in my pocket.

I only go to Home Park nowadays because I'm an Argyle fan, not because I enjoy the experience.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021
Almost every club I can think of has a supporters bar that at least resembles something you could spend some time in, in comfort..... What do we have?....hospitality for the elite, a members only 'club' and dismal, cold and soulless 'catering' facilities, under the horseshoe, virtually unchanged from when built. Plus now we have inane security checks to get in, and are lectured about inclusivity and offered secret txt numbers to report 'offenders'....when all we really want to do is watch and support our beloved team......

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Almost every club I can think of has a supporters bar that at least resembles something you could spend some time in, in comfort..... What do we have?....hospitality for the elite, a members only 'club' and dismal, cold and soulless 'catering' facilities, under the horseshoe, virtually unchanged from when built. Plus now we have inane security checks to get in, and are lectured about inclusivity and offered secret txt numbers to report 'offenders'....when all we really want to do is watch and support our beloved team......

Well said.

Me and my mate used to jokingly say “maybe we should just stay here” when leaving the pub to walk to the ground, but now we’re saying it with more and more seriousness every week.

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
Well said.

Me and my mate used to jokingly say “maybe we should just stay here” when leaving the pub to walk to the ground, but now we’re saying it with more and more seriousness every week.
You know what I have also had this cross my mind a couple of times this season as KO time comes closer, as im having to leave earlier to get to the ground not only because of the ques which im positive is due to the searching but also the reduced bus service from the city centre as mentioned on another thread the bus is sometimes so packed it dosnt stop at the next stops on route leaving both supporters and locals stranded and before anyone says your not a real supporter Ive had a season ticket for 15 years but because of the above im really starting to think can I be bothered, but I expect I will.

Last edited: