Your Matchday Experience v Peterborough | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your Matchday Experience v Peterborough

Your matchday experience v Peterborough

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.8%

Votes: 5 8.9%

Votes: 17 30.4%

Votes: 22 39.3%

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Thanks.

The server under there was asked for two cold bottles of water, which the staff member provided. He then queried if they were free, server advised bottle water isn’t free but tap water was. Customer walked away. As shown on cctv, one Kiosk remained open in each kiosk until 10 minutes before FT.

As I said in my original post, the team went above and beyond yesterday to provide as much free drinking water as possible under intense heat and difficult working conditions to ensure everyone’s needs were met. It was a phenomenal effort to not only dispense over 6,000 cups of free water but also still keep up demand with regular F&B offer. Not only that, we kept the stewarding and medical teams going with water supply(who dealt with numerous heat related issues), whilst also, filled up water bottles for people who brought their own and allowed everyone to bring in as much as they liked on entry.
Feels like nit picking at what was a tremendous effort by all involved and one that should be commended.

CK
Thanks.
Well I was obviously standing behind Steve (see above) and I did not hear the tap water reference and he doesn't mention it either.
As Steve said you wanted feedback which I gave. It's not nitpicking it's my matchday experience.
I'm not disputing that lots of good work was done.

Reactions: Dale Aven
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
6000 cups! Amazing effort. Feel for the guys who had minor issues though as well.

As someone who worked in hospitality for over 30 years I have a small insight, to have sudden bursts of thousands of people across a handful of outlets in a short time frame is incredibly challenging. It just is hard to do. It's not easy.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
One of the main reasons that I originally moved to the Lower Mayflower was because of how easy it was to get served. But this season the catering has been really poor in comparison to last. The bar the back of the Mayflower has been halved in size and the queuing system changed meaning it takes at least double, probably triple the amount of time to get served. On Wednesday (with what will probably be our lowest attendance of the season) I queued for almost 20 minutes pre match only to get to the front and to be told "sorry we have no more beer". Again yesterday, I queued for a long time and got to the front to be told they had no more beer. Not sure if the club run the kiosk or an outside company but it probably needs looking at?

Last edited:

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
Open the main exit at the end of the match. Getting out of block 7 is an absolute joke!!
I do share the concern. For the majority of the stadium entry and exit is very good. But blocks 6 to 9 are the exception. They take roughly twice as long to clear, than anywhere else in the stadium, and the steps down get very compacted and crowded, a fair number of elderly and kids, it would only take one person to lose their balance and we've got a serious incident on our hands. Just for context, I used to be a H&S officer and maybe I see things from that perspective more acutely. I haven't been on this forum very long so first opportunity to raise it here really, and it's good to have this facility to feedback to the Club. Good job. (y)

I do feel it's an accident waiting to happen, particularly now as we're approaching full capacity at many home games. I've almost stumbled plenty of times with the shuffling and jostling of a tightly packed crowd struggling to move forwards. I'm near the top and by the time I'm half way down, practically all the other blocks are already clear. I'd be surprised if a safety risk assessment didn't pick it up, if not done yet, could one be done? Opening the main exit barrier at block 5 for 10 mins max. after the final whistle, would aleviate the bottleneck straight away. There might be unknown issues for the Club in doing that? but it could be a practical solution, if it can be done (trialed)?

Last edited:

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
I refuse to believe that Blocks 7-9 take longer to clear than Block 13.
Doc, at every game I look across left and believe me they are well clear by the time I am half way down the block 8 side of block 9. The problem is a practical one, blocks 6 to 9 all funnel down one exit under block 8. Blocks 6-8 are now the family zone too, so the safety of a lot more kids to consider. Block 13 you can go left and right to the exits at 12 and 14.

edit: To be clear, I don't mind that it takes longer, it's the concern of having the risk of so many people stood still and compacted on the steep steps down, with the potential for a trip or fall and their personal safety.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2011
At half time the TVs in the concourse didn’t seem to have the half time scores showing, they seem to be showing the Argyle TV programme but with no sound was a bit pointless.
So as the tannoy announcements aren’t audible in the concourse and with no internet connection having the latest scores on the TVs would be a good service to enhance the matchday experience.
I've had issues with internet connection. I switched to 3G on Saturday and it worked almost perfectly.

Reactions: Adam
Sep 22, 2020
on the basis the club can check the cctv for water issues, perhaps the club could check the cctv for the queue times in the boiling hot sun behind the mayflower before the game and at half time.

something about the set up is not working for the queues to be so unacceptably long

Reactions: Green 1886

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
on the basis the club can check the cctv for water issues, perhaps the club could check the cctv for the queue times in the boiling hot sun behind the mayflower before the game and at half time.

something about the set up is not working for the queues to be so unacceptably long
Sure

what time did you arrive?

Just a comment on the slow exiting problem. Everything has slowed down since the practice of the team coming to the Demport end after the whistle, and whilst Sweet Caroline is played. All of this I like, but inevitably people stop in their tracks on the steps to applaud, and the gangways remain blocked as fans lower down do the same, so everything comes to a standstill.

I’m not complaining, but I do agree with the H&S comments. On Saturday I had to help an elderly lady who was beginning to fall after being nudged from behind. I think the key is for everyone to be patient, accept that you’re going to spend 5 more minutes in the stadium than we used to, and take your time.

GreenBiker

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 24, 2019
Personally I like to be in my seat for around 20-25 mins before kick off soaking in some atmosphere etc. To do this now I have modified my arrival time to earlier than I used to allowing for extra security and longer queues. One of the benefits!!!! of Argyle supporting.....

Reactions: Jannerz

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I tell you what people, I come to HP, sit around in utter amazement as to how lovely Home Park now is, look at the litter team picking up litter before and after matches, see the people with their flags which say 'We're here to help you' I see steward helping disabled people in such a lovely manner, I also see the Chairman walking around talking to anyone that wants to talk to him.

Reading some of the above you think we were Bristol Rovers fans!!!