Votes: 1 1.8%

Votes: 5 8.9%

Votes: 17 30.4%

Votes: 22 39.3%

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

TBP

Feb 28, 2022
And is I’ve previously explained on here, the emergency vehicle gate is exactly that. On Saturday we had a supporter who required urgent medical attention and as a result needed to be transported to hospital immediately. I’m sure we’ll all agree that allowing access for an ambulance to drive right up to the gate is always the priority.

I’ve read some of the other comments on here around egress and will pick up with the safety team on ways we could all work together to assist reducing egress time, but it’ll obviously need supporters in other blocks to be understanding of any changes.

Finally, I reviewed the queues on the lower mayflower fan zone and agree they are excessive - apologies. One we’ll pick up with the vendor this week to see how we can reduce wait times.

CK
I sit in the Devonport/Lyndhurst corner towards the back (row S), and it does take ages to get out at the end of the game. I think overall egress times contribute to the numbers leaving seats early (albeit not necessarily the stadium as they walk along the Lyndhurst watching the game, thereby increasing pressure on the exits at our end of the stadium!). That said, I appreciate the explanation for why the vehicle gate isn't available (which I hadn't picked up on before) and of course medical emergencies must take priority. I have no idea what could be done to improve things, and in reality probably the best answer is a large dose of patience.

J Y Kelly

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 14, 2006
I tell you what people, I come to HP, sit around in utter amazement as to how lovely Home Park now is, look at the litter team picking up litter before and after matches, see the people with their flags which say 'We're here to help you' I see steward helping disabled people in such a lovely manner, I also see the Chairman walking around talking to anyone that wants to talk to him.

Reading some of the above you think we were Bristol Rovers fans!!!
And I think to myself,
Wonderful Argyle

Apologies to Satchmo

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Just sit in your seats until it is clear to leave. That would alleviate any worries of falling. Its just another 5 minutes to wait.
Perhaps Argyle could provide some dancing girls to keep us entertained as we wait to leave.
I was happy to sit and wait on Saturday, enjoying the atmosphere and rhythmic clapping.
Then they put Neil ******* Diamond on and I was gone!!

(This is my personal musical preference and should not be perceived as nitpicking in any shape or form! ;) )

Reactions: Jannerz
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
People who moan about the queues are properly tedious. Either arrive earlier or, failing that, sit in another part of the ground. There’s some good constructive comments and feedback on this thread but it’s a shame a few others cannot articulate themselves quite as well.

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
And is I’ve previously explained on here, the emergency vehicle gate is exactly that. On Saturday we had a supporter who required urgent medical attention and as a result needed to be transported to hospital immediately. I’m sure we’ll all agree that allowing access for an ambulance to drive right up to the gate is always the priority.

I’ve read some of the other comments on here around egress and will pick up with the safety team on ways we could all work together to assist reducing egress time, but it’ll obviously need supporters in other blocks to be understanding of any changes.

Finally, I reviewed the queues on the lower mayflower fan zone and agree they are excessive - apologies. One we’ll pick up with the vendor this week to see how we can reduce wait times.

CK
Thanks for your feedback Ck. appreciated 🙂

Reactions: ArgyleOfficial

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
I was happy to sit and wait on Saturday, enjoying the atmosphere and rhythmic clapping.

(This is my personal musical preference and should not be perceived as nitpicking in any shape or form! ;) )
Your quality rants do make me smile Pogles!

Neil ******* Diamond... go on, admit it - a little bit of you enjoyed it ;)

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022

Was it the ‘touching me touching you’ that put you off 😆

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall

It's sounding a bit 'over' to me.
Presumably the big screen can show highlights straight after the match so we'll have something to watch while we are exiting the terraces?

Jul 12, 2016
Just sit in your seats until it is clear to leave. That would alleviate any worries of falling. Its just another 5 minutes to wait.
Perhaps Argyle could provide some dancing girls to keep us entertained as we wait to leave.
Some fans have to return home by coach or train

Reactions: TBP

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005

CK
Thanks for taking the trouble to response to all comments, not just the happy clappers. It's appreciated.

However and with respect, that's nonsense.

Of course there needs to be easy access for an emergency vehicle whilst the match is in play. But that applies to all 4 sides of the Ground, not just 1 corner.

But how does that requirement stop this particular gate being opened at full time to allow a safer and more efficient egress of one of the most crowded areas in the Ground?

Prior to the installation of the temporary changing rooms outside that corner 3 or 4 years ago, the gate was always opened at full time.

People queueing on quite steep steps is an accident waiting to happen, especially for some of our older fans who might be slightly unsteady on their feet.

I hope it doesn't take an accident at the end of a game for the Club to realise that it might have been avoided.

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
Thanks for taking the trouble to response to all comments, not just the happy clappers. It's appreciated.

However and with respect, that's nonsense.

Of course there needs to be easy access for an emergency vehicle whilst the match is in play. But that applies to all 4 sides of the Ground, not just 1 corner.

But how does that requirement stop this particular gate being opened at full time to allow a safer and more efficient egress of one of the most crowded areas in the Ground?

Prior to the installation of the temporary changing rooms outside that corner 3 or 4 years ago, the gate was always opened at full time.

People queueing on quite steep steps is an accident waiting to happen, especially for some of our older fans who might be slightly unsteady on their feet.

I hope it doesn't take an accident at the end of a game for the Club to realise that it might have been avoided.
For context:

The medical room is situated in that area of the ground to allow for swift access for emergency vehicles. 99 times out of 100, supporters would be transferred to the medical room and the crowd doctor will make an assessment of next steps (release/hospital/treatment). If they require hospital, an ambulance will arrive at the vehicle access gate to collect and transfer up to Derriford.
The club has absolutely no control on wait times for ambulances, and given the pressure on the NHS there is likely to be a wait (which can be up to 6 hours in some cases). Equally, if an incident occurred close to full time or at full time we’d need that gate for emergency vehicle access immediately without the complexity of clearing supporters out of the way

The reality is that it’s not up for debate I’m afraid. That is the designated emergency vehicle access gate and it will remain that way.

The attendances are also no longer 6,000. They are 14,000 and we’d hope that people would look out for their fellow supporters on exit and wait patiently. This is a sign of success and we should all accept it might take a bit longer to exit now.

As I said on my last post we’ll review the egress process in the areas highlighted especially where sensible suggestions have been put forward and not just a “we used to do it” mentality.

CK

Jul 13, 2006
For context:

The medical room is situated in that area of the ground to allow for swift access for emergency vehicles. 99 times out of 100, supporters would be transferred to the medical room and the crowd doctor will make an assessment of next steps (release/hospital/treatment). If they require hospital, an ambulance will arrive at the vehicle access gate to collect and transfer up to Derriford.
The club has absolutely no control on wait times for ambulances, and given the pressure on the NHS there is likely to be a wait (which can be up to 6 hours in some cases). Equally, if an incident occurred close to full time or at full time we’d need that gate for emergency vehicle access immediately without the complexity of clearing supporters out of the way

The reality is that it’s not up for debate I’m afraid. That is the designated emergency vehicle access gate and it will remain that way.

The attendances are also no longer 6,000. They are 14,000 and we’d hope that people would look out for their fellow supporters on exit and wait patiently. This is a sign of success and we should all accept it might take a bit longer to exit now.

As I said on my last post we’ll review the egress process in the areas highlighted especially where sensible suggestions have been put forward and not just a “we used to do it” mentality.

CK
So with the bigger crowds wouldn't you be wanting to get people out of the ground quicker and easier?

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
For context:

Equally, if an incident occurred close to full time or at full time we’d need that gate for emergency vehicle access immediately without the complexity of clearing supporters out of the way
Again, thanks for your response.

As an observation, in such circumstances the problem wouldn't be so much with fans going out through that gate but the fact that at full time, the Devonport End/Lyndhurst area outside the Ground is a thronging mass, with fans pouring down from the Grandstand, the Devonport End and much of the Lyndhurst Stand.

As such, it would not be easy to get an emergency vehicle to that gate, regardless of whether it was open or shut.

What about the other suggestion that fans exiting the Lyndhurst are directed out through the nearest exit, rather than allowed to wander down the length of the pitch?

Rather than guiding and directing fans to leave safely and efficiently at full time, all the Stewards seemed concerned about is in preventing a pitch invasion that isn't going to happen.

May 8, 2011
For context:

CK
I think part of the reason for the congestion in the Devonport/Lyndhurst corner is that when the horseshoe was designed the access and egress for Block 6 was via the Devonport End.
As there is one turnstile for each block on the horseshoe, turnstile 6 is situated on the Devonport stand. But until last season transfers from the Devonport weren’t allowed, but to alleviate the entry queues in that corner you permitted people to enter via one of Devonport 6 turnstiles and walk through to the Lyndhurst.
Perhaps you could allow the reverse to happen at the end of the game so people in Block 6 could use the Devonport exits.