• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This is a non-football thread to discuss your matchday experience for today's game against Peterborough.

An opportunity to give your thoughts, praise and criticism following your visit to Home Park today, giving overall marks out of 10 for catering, stewarding, security, seating, PA system, club shop, turnstiles, programme, ticketing, fan zone, car parking, general facilities, the new pasties etc, even use of Argyle TV - providing instant feedback to fellow fans.

The club would also like to receive feedback by email ... feedback@pafc.co.uk.

Nov 11, 2020
Arrived at 2:20 for Lyndhurst, large queues with many people wilting in the sun. Searching everyone again whereas last game it seemed every tenth person was searched. Do you provide any information about what items are seized as none of the old dears and men seemingly have any items taken !
Only other gripe is the continuing saga of the tannoy. Couldn’t hear any of the interview with Ryan Brunt at half time , okay I did hear it was him.
At least I got through with my water bottle.
And is still takes ages exiting from block 7.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The queues for searching were a lot longer today for some reason, it was fine for the Barnsley game which had a larger crowd.

There's a buzz or atmosphere around the stadium and outside before kick-off, a very positive vibe.

Oct 19, 2021
I joined the queue for the Lyndhurst at about 2.20pm and only waited 3 or 4 minutes to get through the ‘wanding’, after which there was no queue whatsoever to go through the turnstiles. No complaints from me.

Reactions: mollyb

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Really enjoyed the game. Had a few pints at £4.50 in Club Argyle. Anyone take a guess how much a pint of lime and soda is.

Aug 4, 2011
Mayflower entry really good. No wanding or searching of kids. Checked bag, all ok to get bottles of water and sweets in.
Que to get pre match and half time pints a joke, aparently ran out of lager before 2:30 anyway so Gave up. Was better last season.
Also no TV’s anymore in the tent, feels like the Mayflower back of house has taken a step backwards.

May 8, 2011
At half time the TVs in the concourse didn’t seem to have the half time scores showing, they seem to be showing the Argyle TV programme but with no sound was a bit pointless.
So as the tannoy announcements aren’t audible in the concourse and with no internet connection having the latest scores on the TVs would be a good service to enhance the matchday experience.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Got to the Devonport end for Lyndhurst at approx. 2.25, saw long queue, so went down through the park to the steps, joined a queue of about six people for wanding yes, little kids in T shirts and shorts were checked ,although to be fair to the person doing it, i think it was for the enjoyment of the kids who did seem to find it fun, i then went to gate 13, nobody at all in the queue! brilliant! Also, i did not know who the half time guest was as the PA at the back of Lyndhurst is still intelligible.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Went to get a cuppa before kickoff, guy in front asked for some free water (please). Lady gave him 2 bottles and said: That will be £3 (or whatever). guys says: Isn't it free? No says the lady, I'm a Manager here and we know nothing about that. So guy left. Meanwhile in the background I could hear the oft-repeated exhortation over the tannoy to go to a 'kiosk' to collect free drinking water. So I didn't bother.
I saw some in 2nd half bringing in glasses (plastic) of presumably tap water so, at the drinks break, I went down to get some. Outlets were shuttered by then. Two behind a bar, I said can I have some water (please). She gives me a bottle, says: £1.50 (or whatever) please. I say, no, I just wanted some water to drink, tap water if you like. Can't do that she says we're closed (?).
TBF she then said: Just take that bottle, no charge.
For which I thanked her.
Not moaning or complaining but getting 'free' drinking water sounded so simple over the tannoy but nobody told the Manager of the 'kiosks'? 🤔
Seems if you wanted 'free' water when the kiosks were open you'd have to queue whilst others had their two tributes poured for them??
Why not some water stations??

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
Went to get a cuppa before kickoff, guy in front asked for some free water (please). Lady gave him 2 bottles and said: That will be £3 (or whatever). guys says: Isn't it free? No says the lady, I'm a Manager here and we know nothing about that. So guy left. Meanwhile in the background I could hear the oft-repeated exhortation over the tannoy to go to a 'kiosk' to collect free drinking water. So I didn't bother.
I saw some in 2nd half bringing in glasses (plastic) of presumably tap water so, at the drinks break, I went down to get some. Outlets were shuttered by then. Two behind a bar, I said can I have some water (please). She gives me a bottle, says: £1.50 (or whatever) please. I say, no, I just wanted some water to drink, tap water if you like. Can't do that she says we're closed (?).
TBF she then said: Just take that bottle, no charge.
For which I thanked her.
Not moaning or complaining but getting 'free' drinking water sounded so simple over the tannoy but nobody told the Manager of the 'kiosks'? 🤔
Seems if you wanted 'free' water when the kiosks were open you'd have to queue whilst others had their two tributes poured for them??
Why not some water stations??
We gave out over 6,000 cups of free drinking water yesterday across the whole stadium. Everyone working on the kiosks were briefed.

The Kiosk outlets also stayed open until 15 minutes prior to full-time but we kept open one in each stand for free drinking water.

Please advise time, location(s) you visited and I’ll review CCTV and speak with the team.

CK

Reactions: saxman

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
We gave out over 6,000 cups of free drinking water yesterday across the whole stadium. Everyone working on the kiosks were briefed.

The Kiosk outlets also stayed open until 15 minutes prior to full-time but we kept open one in each stand for free drinking water.

Please advise time, location(s) you visited and I’ll review CCTV and speak with the team.

CK
Last outlet under the Lyndhurst by the DE. I sit in Block 8 so under there at about 2.45.
I am not complaining about it as I got a drink but the irony of the announcements being made whilst the lady was saying 'No' was just mildly amusing! She phoned up (someone) as I was being served but obviously had no pre knowledge.
Thanks AO.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth

CKogles, that guy could well have been me - I had exactly that experience. Christian, I can't be sure of the time but I'd say around 14:45 at the far left of the servers under block 11. A very polite young man, who he turned to a lady behind, who advised him that there was nothing free. To be fair, I listened to the announcement again and it said that "water was available", which I suppose was true, if you're prepare to pay to something that come out of a tap.but

Almost exactly the same thing happened to me. Under block 11, far left server at about 2.45. Listening again to the announcement, it said that "water was available", which I suppose was true if you paid £1.50 for a small bottle, but it was easy to interpret the announcement as a free service. The server (a very polite young man) knew nothing about it, and the lady he referred to said it was only for staff. Mistakes happen Christian, that's not a problem, but you did say you wanted to know.

Last edited:

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
Last outlet under the Lyndhurst by the DE. I sit in Block 8 so under there at about 2.45.
I am not complaining about it as I got a drink but the irony of the announcements being made whilst the lady was saying 'No' was just mildly amusing! She phoned up (someone) as I was being served but obviously had no pre knowledge.
Thanks AO.
Thanks.

The server under there was asked for two cold bottles of water, which the staff member provided. He then queried if they were free, server advised bottle water isn’t free but tap water was. Customer walked away. As shown on cctv, one Kiosk remained open in each kiosk until 10 minutes before FT.

As I said in my original post, the team went above and beyond yesterday to provide as much free drinking water as possible under intense heat and difficult working conditions to ensure everyone’s needs were met. It was a phenomenal effort to not only dispense over 6,000 cups of free water but also still keep up demand with regular F&B offer. Not only that, we kept the stewarding and medical teams going with water supply(who dealt with numerous heat related issues), whilst also, filled up water bottles for people who brought their own and allowed everyone to bring in as much as they liked on entry.
Feels like nit picking at what was a tremendous effort by all involved and one that should be commended.

CK