World Cup -Qatar | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

World Cup -Qatar

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
This World Cup was awarded on the back of dodgy deals and brown envelopes stuffed to overflowing with dirty oil cash. Platini and Blatters world has been ripped apart and rightly so.
I will watch England struggle to win that group and then lose a penalty shootout in the next round.
How can anyone award Qatar a world cup...its impossible to AC an outdoor stadium...the temperature will be an issue.
As for the winners....Senegal - 100/1...get on them. Experience of winning a tournament...used to playing in the heat and more importantly they can play.

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
This World Cup was awarded on the back of dodgy deals and brown envelopes stuffed to overflowing with dirty oil cash. Platini and Blatters world has been ripped apart and rightly so.
I will watch England struggle to win that group and then lose a penalty shootout in the next round.
How can anyone award Qatar a world cup...its impossible to AC an outdoor stadium...the temperature will be an issue.
As for the winners....Senegal - 100/1...get on them. Experience of winning a tournament...used to playing in the heat and more importantly they can play.
It'll be Brazil's year for sure... The European nations will likely struggle with the heat.

Sep 13, 2003
What heat ? It's only going to be around 25° during the day. It will get dark around 5-6pm and most of our games are in the evening in air conditioned stadiums. (The USA and Wales games are both kicking off at 10pm local time).

Sep 13, 2003
You can’t drink outside though, can you? There’s no need to be so condescending. Sorry that I’m clearly not so well-travelled or cultured as you..
We weren't allowed to drink outside in several states in Russia 2018, it was never an issue.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I assume you didn't watch Russia World Cup also. And Chinese Olympics?
Cant recall watching the China Olympics. I presume you mean the summer one 14 years ago. I definitely didn't watch any of the winter one...I have no interest in that.

I did watch the Russia world cup, and was unaware until literally just now that 21 workers had died building the stadiums.
I suppose I was less informed about that at the time and would have had cause to think twice about watching had I known.

Obviously 21 construction worker fatalities is tragic and points towards some pretty scant regard to safety. I suppose though that the sheer scale of the deaths in Qatar (6500 at the last count) has brought the matter to the public eye.

So yeah I guess the accusation of double standards could be made, but I'd just say that I was perhaps more ignorant and a little less well read (current affairs wise) 4 and certainly 14 years ago (China summer Olympics).

I am more engaged with current affairs etc now than I was 4 years ago so I won't be watching the Qatar world cup, for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: East End Green

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
FIFA is set to confirm alcohol will not be on sale to supporters during games at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Workers died building the eiffel tower, yet people still visit it.
It depends how you look at things, ok so Qatar is a messed up place, but no one is going to abandon the tournament, you need a war these days to take the moral high ground.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Two construction workers also died building the Tamar bridge though I don't suppose they had their passports confiscated and were made to work 14 hours a day in extreme heat. Currently I have zero interest in the Qatar tournament. Besides the deaths of the thousands of workers building stadiums that will have no real future use it was awarded corruptly to a country that is never going to be a football nation and has disrupted almost every major football league in the world.
It leaves me cold and it would take England reaching a big match in the knock out stages I think to spark any interest.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Cant recall watching the China Olympics. I presume you mean the summer one 14 years ago. I definitely didn't watch any of the winter one...I have no interest in that.

I did watch the Russia world cup, and was unaware until literally just now that 21 workers had died building the stadiums.
I suppose I was less informed about that at the time and would have had cause to think twice about watching had I known.

Obviously 21 construction worker fatalities is tragic and points towards some pretty scant regard to safety. I suppose though that the sheer scale of the deaths in Qatar (6500 at the last count) has brought the matter to the public eye.

So yeah I guess the accusation of double standards could be made, but I'd just say that I was perhaps more ignorant and a little less well read (current affairs wise) 4 and certainly 14 years ago (China summer Olympics).

I am more engaged with current affairs etc now than I was 4 years ago so I won't be watching the Qatar world cup, for a variety of reasons.
I didn't watch the Russia one and I won't be watching this one.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’m sorry but football just doest belong in the Middle East. The same as baseball doesn’t belong on the UK.

The only reason it’s forced onto the Middle East is for commercial revenue.