Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The 2022 Qatar World Cup will now get under way a day earlier than originally scheduled with the host nation facing Ecuador in the opening match on November 20.

The opening game of the tournament was due to see Senegal face the Netherlands at 1pm (10am GMT) on Monday November 21, but that fixture will now take place at 7pm (4pm GMT) on the same date.

The World Cup's opening ceremony has also been brought forward one day as a stand-alone event prior to Qatar facing Ecuador at Al Bayt Stadium, with a kick-off of 7pm (4pm GMT).

Nov 18, 2011
Two construction workers also died building the Tamar bridge though I don't suppose they had their passports confiscated and were made to work 14 hours a day in extreme heat. Currently I have zero interest in the Qatar tournament. Besides the deaths of the thousands of workers building stadiums that will have no real future use it was awarded corruptly to a country that is never going to be a football nation and has disrupted almost every major football league in the world.
It leaves me cold and it would take England reaching a big match in the knock out stages I think to spark any interest.
Great post, sums up how I feel as well.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep sums it up for me as well.

As bent as bent can be. Blatter's epitaph really.

I'll watch a few games perhaps but nowhere near the amount I usually watch. Basically a farce on so many levels.

Reactions: mervyn and Tugboat

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The Football Association will brief England players and staff ahead of the World Cup in Qatar with a focus on their behaviour in the Islamic country to ensure they stay on the right side of their traditions and culture.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
FIFA allowing 26 man squads.

How many right backs will England choose? ;)

Probably 6 because they haven't got any decent centre halves playing fro their club teams.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Fans who become drunk and disorderly at the Qatar World Cup will be put into "sobering tents" until they have recovered from the after-effects of alcohol as officials look to take a "softly-softly" approach rather than come down heavy.

Mar 1, 2020
I'm just as concerned about Iran being able to play at the World Cup as their treatment of women is despicable, they don't allow women to watch matches in stadiums!