Wishful Thinking re. Freud | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wishful Thinking re. Freud

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
In PAFC's parlous financial position, I cannot but wishfully think of perhaps what could have been if our celebrity supporter Clement Freud had just managed to encourage his son Matthew to share his own life-time support for Argyle. Matthew is the founder of a prominent international PR firm but at the same time he is married to one Elizabeth Murdoch the daughter of Rupert Murdoch. If only Matthew could belatedly get his wife wearing a green and white scarf sitting in the front row of our directors' box, perhaps the club could attract investment from News International. Wishful thinking indeed, but by God it would have helped set the club on an easier alternative path.

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
Quintrell, I'm not sure that Matthew Freud's advice has been that helpful to News International over recent years, months and weeks! (Assuming of course that he has been involved. He may well not have been).

Clement Freud really did have a soft spot for Argyle. And he was a big gambler. He used to call me, wanting to know the best "first scorer" bet. He always listened politely, then whatever I said he'd go away and put his money on David Friio.

On the subject of whom - I saw him on Wednesday night. He was VERY relieved that his Port Vale reconstruction shot had hit the net.

*edited for feeble typo

Apr 4, 2004
tonycholwell":2fko4560 said:
Peter_Jones":2fko4560 said:
On the subject of whom - I saw him on Wednesday night. He was VERY relieved that his Port Vale reconstruction shot had hot the net.

It was going att 100mph :)

I was certain it was going over. It seemed like it was to high then dropped an sneeked in under the cross bar. He did very well considering the dodgy pass he received. :shock:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
David Friio..... imortalised on PASOTI as far as I'm concerned. I had never heard of him before reading his praises on these pages.

(I've only been in Plymouth 6 years)

Jul 15, 2011
I was at that Port Vale game, the game and Frios goal were brill. I seem to remember that there had been a problem on the motorway and loads of the Aryle fans arrived v late by which time we were about 3-0 up!!