Wimbledon v Argyle Match Thread | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wimbledon v Argyle Match Thread

mulliongreen

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2009
A fantastic team performance against a good Wimbledon team. We, I believe are showing that we can weather a storm and then grab a goal and play the match out, a sign of a good team in my eyes. Roll on Tuesday and Portsmouth, keep the momentum going.

Mar 14, 2009
He is still playing his preferred formation, Mickey.
Apparently, Scarr has never played this system before but he is loving it.
You are right, of course, that it is early days but we can, surely, dream.

Nothing wrong with dreaming.

The problem l have is if we don’t maintain this position, but we still maintain a position around 10th. For me that would be a great improvement from this season.

Expectations. We go from depths of despair to utopia and not much in between I find.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Do we want a team that concedes goals for fun in the 2nd half of games or do we want a team that can see out games like we are this season?
It really is time to move on from the obsession with teams who are well schooled in the dark arts. Like it or not it's part and parcel of the professional game and we must find a way to deal with it just as teams must against us now we are learning and benefitting from more experience at the back.

Reactions: Argyle Casual

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Do we want a team that concedes goals for fun in the 2nd half of games or do we want a team that can see out games like we are this season?
It really is time to move on from the obsession with teams who are well schooled in the dark arts. Like it or not it's part and parcel of the professional game and we must find a way to deal with it just as teams must against us now we are learning and benefitting from more experience at the back.
I see a difference between 'playing a game out' and pretending to have a head injury, broken leg, diptheria, wongu wongu fever etc etc. That is what Whycome do: that is cheating. That is an insult/risk to players who do get seriously injured; physios who treat them and totally disrespectful to refs who stop games to save a player's life/career.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Nothing wrong with dreaming.

The problem l have is if we don’t maintain this position, but we still maintain a position around 10th. For me that would be a great improvement from this season.

Expectations. We go from depths of despair to utopia and not much in between I find.
I guess, at some point this season, you will submit a post without referring to last season.
We were all shocked with the way last season ended but, fortunately, it’s history now.

Sep 25, 2010
Understand why Joe, was not playing today, after the injury last weekend, but any news why Danny was not in the squad.?

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Fantastic, resolute performance. Galloway my MOTM. I am so glad that I’ve been proven wrong by both Scarr and Houghton, immense.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think we are a very well balanced team.

Greendawe

♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 20, 2020
Sitting behind the goal under constant pressure in the first half it was easy to see just how well organised and effective our back 3 were. Altogether a superb defensive performance against a good, physical and direct team who resembled the original Wimbledon crazy gang. Vinny Jones would have fitted in well!

Reactions: ealinggreen
D

Deleted member 9145

Just back, horrible tiny plastic ground, but nice pies and pleasant people, though there was a punch up in the road after , looked like a Wimbledon fan caused it and was arrested.

Garrick had a torrid first half though he was left 1 on 2 on several occasions and improved after half time. Coops had to make a couple of saves including from his own errors but was excellent and one first half header was their only clear cut chance.

Everyone else 7-8 , great team performance, Wimbledon were light years ahead of Wednesday but I thought we deserved the game, controlling it after we scored. Hardie's goal, wow Mr Cool I'm on at 100/1 for him to be League 1 top goalscorer.

Lovely moment at the end when Pan came down to see family I think and chatted and signed autographs. Great day out.