Will we get any points in December

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Just looked at the fixtures for December, I can certainly make a case for getting zero points this month. All the teams are in good form and we are not.

We have MKD , Sunderland and Cheltenham away
plus Charlton and Portsmouth at home.

Hope I am wrong and we get our season back on track, but anything more than 3 points for me would be a relief and 8 defeats in a row possible. Am I alone with this pessimistic view ?

Jan 30, 2016
A win at Rochdale and the confidence will come back. To be honest I thought we played well against Wigan and only a fumble by Coops for the first goal and a bit of bad luck for the second was the difference. We just needed our forwards to be a bit more clinical in front of goal. Whatever happens, this team will not just roll over like last season.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I doubt you are alone, but everyone else who is wondering this knows that such things are best not spoken/written about!
Sorry Doc, I just needed to share my anxiety............. supposedly good for the soul.

Sep 6, 2006
What was the bad luck for the second? The ball going in the net?
A win at Rochdale and the confidence will come back. To be honest I thought we played well against Wigan and only a fumble by Coops for the first goal and a bit of bad luck for the second was the difference. We just needed our forwards to be a bit more clinical in front of goal. Whatever happens, this team will not just roll over like last seaso
A win at Rochdale and the confidence will come back. To be honest I thought we played well against Wigan and only a fumble by Coops for the first goal and a bit of bad luck for the second was the difference. We just needed our forwards to be a bit more clinical in front of goal. Whatever happens, this team will not just roll over like last season.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I am just taking one game at a time- Rochdale will not be pushovers & RL will not let the players think the game will be a walk in the park

Hopefully our strikers would have spent this week in training ironing out whatever issues they have with their respective games in regard to putting the chances created in the back of the net

With regard to the defensive unit they would have been mulling over the reasons as to why the backdoor was not kept shut for 3 league games on the bounce

A clean sheet this Sunday will be a bonus as no doubt Rochdale will be looking to cause a Cup upset on telly

At full time on Sunday i feel we will have an idea regarding whether we are able to get back on the horse baring in mind Rochdale were a league 1 club last season

Sep 22, 2020
it was well anticipated that the five game run starting at charlton would be the first real test since rotherham away on the first day. we have not played altogether badly against wycombe or wigan just they were ultimately better than us. i suspect we will find mk dons and sunderland difficult then settle in 5/6/7/8 place in the league and hopefully be near a play off place come may.

but our run in is those teams again so a very difficult end to the season. last four games wycombe, sundedrland, mk dons and wigan!

an improvement on last season for sure but not in the top teams yet going for automatic promotion.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I recall that Huddersfield and Sunderland away last season drew the same pessimism, yet we won both.

Reactions: saxman

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
I think that we will get at least two wins in December, cannot see how we completely become relegation fodder, which of these five teams are currently flying then ??
Pete

Reactions: jaytal
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
From this 4 game run I thought that if we were serious about autos we needed to pick up 6/7 points out of 12. We’re currently 1/9 with a chance of going 4/12. If we take 4 points from it, it’s not a terrible return, it just means we likely drop back into the playoff pack.

However if we keep up our form against the teams outside of the top 7, we’re still going to be in the playoff mix come the business end of the season.

Hopefully the return of Niall Ennis can inject a bit of life into us.