Will we be raided in January? | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will we be raided in January?

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Not too worried about who will be leaving ( if anybody)....

Every confidence that the good ship mayflower will continue its onward and upward journey .....

....Looking forward to seeing who schuey brings in during the window....

... no Argyle manager who left for a club in a higher league, has replicated the success they achieved at Argyle ( Sturrock, Bobby Saxton)....

... I give it 18 months max ( could be considerably less) till Ryan Lowe runs out of his well trodden sound bites and looks as clueless as he did during our record breaking losing run last season....

.... the grass ain’t greener Ryan , it’s going to be grim up North- for you....
Look, (to borrow a soundbite widely used) RL didn't leave us because we were rubbish. He left to be nearer to home and to another club with which he thought he could improve his opportunities to eventually leave that club and manage even higher (and good luck to him). Managers come and go and we now have a young manager cutting his teeth who will also be ambitious and wish to improve and move on. I hope he does not receive the vitriol that RL has done when that time comes.

FWIW, I do not think that RLs lack of thanks to Argyle fans was aimed at the fans (although given some of the poisonous comments, who would blame him), but more of a snub to the club who were very quick to appoint SS and therefore break up the "Dream Team".

Sorry to slightly hi-jack the thread, but to come back on topic, we are now in the last week of the transfer window and I'm sure that any enquiries that have been made will have been considered and plans/contingencies worked through. The hope now is that a last minute raid (from anywhere) does not happen and we end up without a key player for the rest of the season.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Broom was playing fine until Lowe dropped him for no reason.
Broom was playing fine until he ran out of steam and energy. There is no way he could sustain those energy sapping levels week in, week out. Just as well we did have a replacement to play in his place. Camara was another who burnt out, too. these Sat/Tues/Sat games played at such high intensity have taken it out of the team. We need our whole squad now to get us through this next S/T/S spell so we don't burn out more players.

Sep 6, 2006
Broom was playing fine until he ran out of steam and energy. There is no way he could sustain those energy sapping levels week in, week out. Just as well we did have a replacement to play in his place. Camara was another who burnt out, too. these Sat/Tues/Sat games played at such high intensity have taken it out of the team. We need our whole squad now to get us through this next S/T/S spell so we don't burn out more players.
We had 2 weeks without a game over Xmas!

Jun 27, 2019
If Broom is burnt out despite being rested several times this season then we shouldn't be spending a single penny on him, never mind the £500k that the Peterborough snake-oil salesmen say he's worth (lol).

Camara might be a little jaded mentally after Afcon, but he routinely has two/three-game spells when he's practically anonymous. We all put up with it because he also has spells when he's unplayable and wins us games virtually on his own (Cheltenham away as a recent example).

Jul 12, 2016
Now "the wheels have come off " can't see any players leaving. The one thing our players in general lack is consistency.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I honestly don’t think we’ll lose any players in January let alone to Preston.

Jan 6, 2020
Preston have signed Cameron Archer on loan from Aston Villa, so I doubt they'll be coming for Hardie or Ennis

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
We had 2 weeks without a game over Xmas!
My comment was that, at the time that Broom was dropped and Mayor came in, Broom was not the same duracell bunny that he had been and needed that rest to properly recover. That was way before Christmas. I also suggested that with another run of S/T/S matches coming up, it will be important to rotate the squad.
'Tis all!