• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Will Cummings bring Johnson down?

Nov 15, 2011
wow, Cobi I don't think I've heard of any Labour MPs being arrested so do tell. There's the Liverpool Council scandal for which there have rightly been arrests if offences have been commited, but that has nothing to do with the corruption at the heart of government. It's typical don't look over here, look over there.

And if you read the thread this has nothing to do with Johnson's £840 rolls of wallpaper. It's about refurbishments being funded (until he was found out) by, it is claimed, someone Johnson put into the House of Lords and gave £120 million worth of contracts to. He could easily confirm whether this is true, but refuses to do so. The "nothing to see here" trotted out by Johnson and the Tory Party is because they don't want you to notice that millions of pounds of your money is being given to their mates for favours. If you're not concerned , well you should be.

Cobi Budge":1gat7a8a said:
I’m not a particularly big fan of Boris Johnson but over the last 6 months the Labour Party have had 32 MP’s, mayors & councillors arrested, suspended or placed under investigation, and yet all people want to talk about is Boris’ wallpaper?

Sadly this is why this won’t resonate with most voters. It’s nothing to do with wallpaper, but as long asJohnson’s defence is ‘I paid the bill’, then most will think it’s a fuss about nothing.Grrrrrr.

May 16, 2016
themightykeithfear":2k16wi3d said:
wow, Cobi I don't think I've heard of any Labour MPs being arrested so do tell. There's the Liverpool Council scandal for which there have rightly been arrests if offences have been commited, but that has nothing to do with the corruption at the heart of government. It's typical don't look over here, look over there.

And if you read the thread this has nothing to do with Johnson's £840 rolls of wallpaper. It's about refurbishments being funded (until he was found out) by, it is claimed, someone Johnson put into the House of Lords and gave £120 million worth of contracts to. He could easily confirm whether this is true, but refuses to do so. The "nothing to see here" trotted out by Johnson and the Tory Party is because they don't want you to notice that millions of pounds of your money is being given to their mates for favours. If you're not concerned , well you should be.

There's the Mayor of Liverpool and 11 others to consider.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ty-council

Nov 15, 2011
The difference is guiri that when the tories break the law or rules eg proroguing parliament or patels bullying, Johnson says so what and nothing happens.

Same if Johnson is now found to have broken the ministerial code, he’ll just say - and ? Putin must look at Johnson and be so jealous, I mean you’re still allowed to protest noisily there. I can only think of n korea and China that are less democratic than the U.K. no wonder they wanted brexit! Abolishing human rights is literally the next goal.

May 16, 2016
themightykeithfear":2u1bkii7 said:

There's also the Croydon council bankruptcy to consider. That has echoes of corruption in the sell off off of property and loans.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/1 ... y-n27.html

Something else worth being distracted from by wallpaper as local elections loom.

Sep 2, 2008
All the lefties seem to think that they are the enlightened ones but to me its just that they only see what they want to see. They gloss over examples of wrong doing by the people they support and constantly deflect. I would love to hear what their take on us being sent into Iraq is. I'm sure the enlightened ones would say that Blair had every reason to suspect that Iraq had WMD, he never colluded with Bush, he never misled/lied to Parliament and that the Chilcot Inquiry wasn't conclusive etc, etc.

That man should pay for the death and maiming of all those British soldiers and yet he carry's on regardless spending his millions.

At the end of the day pretty much all politicians are the same. They cannot be trusted and will look to do and say anything to benefit themselves.

Nov 15, 2011
I’ve pointed out twice it’s nothing to do with wallpaper, it’s about someone Johnson stuck in the House of Lords and gave £120 million of contracts paying for his refurb which Johnson only paid back when he got found out.

And all this corruption coming out on a daily basis has come from Tory sources and Cummings who reacted when Johnson called newspapers to accuse him of leaking. Hardly a Labour electoral conspiracy.

Frank Butcher

Foodbank Donor
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Pottypilgrim":1k4rqruq said:
At the end of the day pretty much all politicians are the same. They cannot be trusted and will look to do and say anything to benefit themselves.

Corruption isn't new. Two big examples that this has happened time immemorial are David Lloyd George who actually charged for knighthoods and peerages, and Eden who lied to Parliament and ordered evidence to be destroyed.

The truth is that there are more safeguards today that ever before - there are numerous parliamentary standards bodies and zillions of cross-party committees these days. While we may all be outraged and think things are worse than they ever were, they really aren't.

Nov 15, 2011
Pottypilgrim":1fa7h57t said:
All the lefties seem to think that they are the enlightened ones but to me its just that they only see what they want to see. They gloss over examples of wrong doing by the people they support and constantly deflect. I would love to hear what their take on us being sent into Iraq is. I'm sure the enlightened ones would say that Blair had every reason to suspect that Iraq had WMD, he never colluded with Bush, he never misled/lied to Parliament and that the Chilcot Inquiry wasn't conclusive etc, etc.

That man should pay for the death and maiming of all those British soldiers and yet he carry's on regardless spending his millions.

I’m not sure you can be so entirely wrong about every single thing you say potty, call it a gift.

I didn’t gloss over the Liverpool council affair, I said they should rightly be prosecuted if found guilty. And I’m not a supporter of them. And I’m not a lefty.

And more Labour mps voted against the Iraq war than tories. And Tony Blair isn’t in power. And I marched against the Iraq war as I assume you did.

Otherwise keep up the good work!

Nov 15, 2011
Frank_Butcher":1o0f05dx said:
Pottypilgrim":1o0f05dx said:

Corruption isn't new. Two big examples that this has happened time immemorial are David Lloyd George who actually charged for knighthoods and peerages, and Eden who lied to Parliament and ordered evidence to be destroyed.

The truth is that there are more safeguards today that ever before - there are numerous parliamentary standards bodies and zillions of cross-party committees these days. While we may all be outraged and think things are worse than they ever were, they really aren't.

That would be true Frank if they had any power but they have none. As we saw with Patel when she broke the ministerial code Johnson just says so what? He’s the centre forward and the ref, he’s not going to give offside. And there’s no VAR

May 16, 2016
themightykeithfear":eobrx2o4 said:
I’ve pointed out twice it’s nothing to do with wallpaper, it’s about someone Johnson stuck in the House of Lords and gave £120 million of contracts paying for his refurb which Johnson only paid back when he got found out.

And all this corruption coming out on a daily basis has come from Tory sources and Cummings who reacted when Johnson called newspapers to accuse him of leaking. Hardly a Labour electoral conspiracy.

Who said it was a Labour electoral conspiracy?

It's about Cummings or otherwise, leaking stuff to the press and will it bring the PM down? Some of it might be the attempt to discredit Cummings before his May 26th Commons enquiry contribution. That, not wallpaper may well do for Johnson.

The question other than ascertaining the truth and depth of whatever leak comes out now, is the questionable timing of it. Labour are lapping it up and trying to make hay from it just before a raft of elections at a level in which (in some areas) they've performed well below what was expected and what the people they serve deserve. Success for Labour in any of these elections will be sold by them as dissatisfaction with the the Tories on a national level and not the local issues they should be about.

Sep 2, 2008
themightykeithfear":2fgbfh5a said:
Pottypilgrim":2fgbfh5a said:

I’m not sure you can be so entirely wrong about every single thing you say potty, call it a gift.

I didn’t gloss over the Liverpool council affair, I said they should rightly be prosecuted if found guilty. And I’m not a supporter of them. And I’m not a lefty.

And more Labour mps voted against the Iraq war than tories. And Tony Blair isn’t in power. And I marched against the Iraq war as I assume you did.

I know you're not a lefty as you've mentioned it on numerous occasions (I actually read what people write) so my post doesn't actually apply to you and yet you still feel the need to comment.

The fact that you think my post was aimed at you just reinforces what I've thought about you for a long time.

Nov 15, 2011
Well for the 4th time it’s not about wallpaper. People saying that are trying to belittle and divert from alleged corruption which Johnson refuses to disclose.

I just don’t get what you mean about “questionable timing” , Tory corruption uncovered by Tory papers and triggered by Johnson calling Tory papers which any sane opposition party would draw to the public’s attention at any time . How is that “questionable timing?

I have no idea about the local issues in Hartlepool.

Nov 15, 2011
Pottypilgrim":3mwrkurr said:
themightykeithfear":3mwrkurr said:
Pottypilgrim":3mwrkurr said:

I know you're not a lefty as you've mentioned it on numerous occasions (I actually read what people write) so my post doesn't actually apply to you and yet you still feel the need to comment.

The fact that you think my post was aimed at you just reinforces what I've thought about you for a long time.

My bad, it’s just that you keep calling me names including lefty I thought it must be me!