• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Will Cummings bring Johnson down?

Dec 9, 2021
Oh. I guess I just read that a different way to what you really meant. I guess I just chose to ignore the context, picked one piece of your post and went off on a complete tangent 🤦‍♂️

Apologies MKF. In future I’ll consider everything in context. Maybe you could try to do that sometimes as well

Nov 15, 2011
Oh. I guess I just read that a different way to what you really meant. I guess I just chose to ignore the context, picked one piece of your post and went off on a complete tangent 🤦‍♂️

Apologies MKF. In future I’ll consider everything in context. Maybe you could try to do that sometimes as well
Always do mate unless you can demonstrate otherwise.

I think his best bet will be to apologise say he took it to be a work place, long time ago, leave it to Sue Gray and hope she let's him off with rapped knuckles on a technicality. Something will turn up.

Nov 15, 2011
Always do mate unless you can demonstrate otherwise.

I think his best bet will be to apologise say he took it to be a work place, long time ago, leave it to Sue Gray and hope she let's him off with rapped knuckles on a technicality. Something will turn up.
well i think i got that one spot on! He looked pretty desperate though I think his own lot will give him the heave ho now

Aug 5, 2015
How times change. I used to work at a leading investment bank in the City. When we had the financial crash the powers that be decided that it would not be a good look for people to see loads of bankers going out on the Pee at Christmas. Large scale parties and other do’s were banned overnight.
Contrast this with today where it seems no one in authority dares to say the blindingly obvious. It seems today you do what you like as long as you don’t get caught and by the way if you do get caught we’ll deny anything ever happened in the first place and we’ll go on denying it even if it looks totally silly.
Oh well we live and learn, well some of us do.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Latest YouGov poll puts Labour 10 points ahead of the Tories (Lab 38 +1, Con 28 -5, LibDems 13 +3), although this was taken prior to yesterday's PMQ's, so it'll be interesting to see the public reaction over the coming days.

Interestingly, when the party took place in No10's garden, the Tories were on 48 points in the polls according to YouGov: that's quite a come-down. Even more interestingly, Labour were only on 33 points...

Labour’s next line of attack is looking obvious. BBC is reporting that immediately after PMQs Johnson trawled the tea rooms telling his MPs ‘I’m taking the flak for other’s mistakes’. He has a life-time spent blaming others for his mistakes, so not surprising.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Boris has just pulled out (f'nar, f'nar) of an event in Lancashire because a family member has tested positive for Covid. Which was predicted would happen on social media yesterday, so that he would avoid having to meet members of the public.

Of course, someone should tell him he doesn't have to self-isolate under Covid guidelines if he's in close contact or a family member tests positive as long as he is double-jabbed...

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Latest FocalData results from an overnight survey reports that 68% of those asked didn't believe Boris was sincere in his apology, 51% thought that Starmer was trustworthy compared to 15% for Boris (a year ago Boris was ahead 38%-34% in the same survey); 40% think Starmer would make a better PM than Boris (30%); and 64% of those asked thought that Boris should resign. Even in the group who voted for him in 2019, 46% thought he should go compared to 43% who thought he should stay.

Nov 15, 2011
I see Mogg is back on form. After blaming the Grenfell Tower dead for not showing common sense he was put in cold storage.

However last night as the only member of the cabinet who would go on newsnight he alienated the entire Scottish tory party, and now as he's on a role he's just told parliament that if Johnson attended a party it wasn't his fault but the fault of the rules (which his government implemented) , they were too harsh. I just feel sorry for the people who do political parody.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Schuey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Foodbank Donor
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Jacob Rees-Mogg describes another Conservative as a lightweight figure? :unsure:

It was Jacob Rees-Mogg ? Not John Culshaw?

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Good grief the guy's like a cockroach! You could drop a nuclear bomb on him and he would still survive. Unfortunately Trump has redefined what is morally and politically acceptable and Johnson is following his playbook. We as voters are completely hamstrung, we get a say once every 4 or 5 years in the meantime (barring local elections and the odd by election) we have to suck it up.