• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Will Cummings bring Johnson down?

I know you're trying to say something MickyD but I'm not sure what it is.

If you're suggesting that Bojo is governing based on emotion then I'd appreciate some examples.
Two examples. After he’d wasted millions on the garden bridge proposal he admitted the appeal had been emotional not rational once the numbers didn’t add up. His very words as reported on LBC. He also wrote (I think it was a telegraph article) that after he’d created his two infamous Brexit lists, there was nothing between them, but his heart said go for Brexit.

Sep 2, 2008
Two examples. After he’d wasted millions on the garden bridge proposal he admitted the appeal had been emotional not rational once the numbers didn’t add up. His very words as reported on LBC. He also wrote (I think it was a telegraph article) that after he’d created his two infamous Brexit lists, there was nothing between them, but his heart said go for Brexit.
Cheers for that Mervyn.

Do you know if he was actually the PM at the time he agreed to the garden bridge and created his Brexit lists? Even if he was, I’m not sure you could put those examples in the ‘governing the Country’ bracket.

As far as I’m aware and irrespective of what may or may not have been said behind closed doors, government decisions and direction has been influenced, for example, by the science as far as the pandemic is concerned and a people’s vote as far as Brexit is concerned.

I’m struggling to find any decisions he has made or direction he has set as the PM which have been emotional ones.💁‍♂️

Nov 15, 2011
Off the top of my head Potty :

- 3 times ignoring scientists and delaying lockdown resulting in the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands of people
- wanting to be like the Sheriff in Jaws so not caring if the bodies piled high and it was only the over 80s dying anyway
- having to be restrained from visiting the Queen just before he caught Covid and the virus was ripping through Downing Street etc etc

re Brexit

- drunkenly telling the DUP in Belfast there wouldn't be any paperwork between NI & GB when he knew there would be more paperwork than when we were in the EU
- lying to the Queen when illegally proroguing Parliament in order to get Brexit done and so much more.

I think you need to define "emotional" though. If you define that as making every single decision in your life based on whether it will make you popular and / or achieve power for power's sake no matter what lies are required and what consequences it has on other people and therefore ignoring all logic and morality, then its safe to say that every decision Johnson makes is "emotional". ie not logical

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Commissioning HS2 based on proven incorrect data regarding the number of journeys per hour etc. The consultant involved in the project spoke publicly about the fact that the figures didn't add up and the money would be better spent improving existing infrastructure.

I think the benefit related to cost was 40 pence per pound spent and falling.

Massive environmental destruction with little discernable benefit in terms of service.

A £150 Bn vanity project - that's illogical

On the subject of science - he's never followed it.

3 lockdowns delayed against the scientific advice have indeed let the bodies pile high in their thousands

The Cult of Boris rumbles on ..... nothing to see here

Reactions: Shadowknight
Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon

Battle lines are drawn in Commons sleaze row: Standards commissioner refuses to quit despite Owen Paterson joining calls for her to go - as Tory MPs accuse Boris of 'colossal misjudgment' over backing vote to save the ex-minister from suspension​

It seems Boris thinks no one is accountable for anything in one of the most shameful things seen in the HoC.

What an example our PM is to all.

If you don't like the rules - scrap them.

Lecture others about the climate and then fly back in a private jet for lunch with a climate-sceptic pal.

The stench of corruption with Boris is nauseating.

Never have I seen a leader so out-of-touch and believing they're completely unaccountable 😔

FDSY9FJWEBAlFVt.jpeg

Reactions: olive green
Nov 15, 2011
And he flew in a private jet to meet his mates in the Garrick Club including client Telegraph journalist Charles Moore a known climate change sceptic.

Cummings was right I think about yesterday's vote to excuse Owen Paterson for receiving £1/2 £million in brown envelopes to lobby for a company ie institutionalised corruption, that it was less about Paterson, more about Johnson. He is going full on Putin/Trump now, ie that no standards, morality or democracy should get in the way of him or his friends ability to fill their pockets and that no rules whatsoever should apply to them.

Even the Daily Mail broke ranks this morning which might spook them a bit as the biggest selling and right wing paper but it won't change the depravity of Johnson and his cabal who have turned our country into a shameful embarrassing laughing stock.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Foodbank Donor
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
This is Will Goings (Paterson) bring Johnson down? Frank! ;)

Anyway common sense has broken out. Really-Smug has said that they need cross-party agreement to review the rules.

Good for him. Shame he wasn't there yesterday when the Leader of the House (whoever he is) was pontificating that the case of Paterson would be reviewed and a retrospective verdict possibly imposed.
Thank goodness Really-Smug exposed that guy for the idiot that he was!

Reactions: olive green
Nov 15, 2011
I didn't realise we had to get Frank's approval to take the conversation in a different direction!

As for what will bring Johnson down, on its own this won't, but I look back to the MPs expenses scandal that came in the wake of the global financial crash and really hit home when people saw their economic troubles contrasting with MPs filling their pockets with taxpayers money. Now if spiralling inflation and then interest rates (ie mortgage costs) hit people's day to day living hard - and add in Brexit getting done in January on this side with inevitable disruption to supply chains, even higher prices for food etc, the lie of levelling up exposed, maybe just maybe people will see the Emperor is naked (yuk) and just a 3rd rate lying crooked wannabe Trump.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
The Govt shot themselves in the foot on this, all to protect one of their own. By all accounts a sizeable number of Tory MPs were really unhappy about the vote with some saying that Labour were entirely right with their criticisms. Others were commenting that they were getting a massive backlash from constituents and not from "the usual suspects" who flood their inboxes with complaints. Peter Bone had said his constituency office had been vandalised overnight ... and then Kwasi Kwarteng was given an absolute hammering in the morning interviews today. I bet Kwasi is absolutely fuming after being ripped a new hole this morning defending this policy only to see No10 do a U turn a few hours later. Not the first time that has happened under Boris...

Thing is, as pointed out before, this is a shambolic Govt, and even with their majority it shouldn't be that difficult for Parliament - when they work together - to overturn them, especially as there'll always be some Tory MPs who are uncomfortable with many of the policies the Govt tries to implement. I can't help but think that Angela Rayner gave a better, angrier performance from the Opposition in PMQs over this and helped raise the temperature against Boris et al than Sir Kier would have done.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Back on topic (ish), Cummings has suggested this morning that the main reason for all of this was to force the removal of Kathryn Stone as Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards, which was one of Kwasi's attacks this morning on the media. The main reason is because Boris worried that the investigation into the funding of the refurbishment of No10 will show he broke the rules.

Nov 15, 2011
Back on topic (ish), Cummings has suggested this morning that the main reason for all of this was to force the removal of Kathryn Stone as Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards, which was one of Kwasi's attacks this morning on the media. The main reason is because Boris worried that the investigation into the funding of the refurbishment of No10 will show he broke the rules.
Yes that seems to be what's behind this, Johnson's 4th case with the Standards Committee.

It was also confirmed today that The Goldsmiths provided the Marbella villa to Johnson for free (£25k pw rental rate) in October. Zak Goldsmith was rejected by the public at the last election but put in the unelected House Of Lords by Johnson to pass our laws. What a grubby little country we are.