• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Will Cummings bring Johnson down?

I know you're trying to say something MickyD but I'm not sure what it is.

If you're suggesting that Bojo is governing based on emotion then I'd appreciate some examples.
Two examples. After he’d wasted millions on the garden bridge proposal he admitted the appeal had been emotional not rational once the numbers didn’t add up. His very words as reported on LBC. He also wrote (I think it was a telegraph article) that after he’d created his two infamous Brexit lists, there was nothing between them, but his heart said go for Brexit.

Sep 2, 2008
Two examples. After he’d wasted millions on the garden bridge proposal he admitted the appeal had been emotional not rational once the numbers didn’t add up. His very words as reported on LBC. He also wrote (I think it was a telegraph article) that after he’d created his two infamous Brexit lists, there was nothing between them, but his heart said go for Brexit.
Cheers for that Mervyn.

Do you know if he was actually the PM at the time he agreed to the garden bridge and created his Brexit lists? Even if he was, I’m not sure you could put those examples in the ‘governing the Country’ bracket.

As far as I’m aware and irrespective of what may or may not have been said behind closed doors, government decisions and direction has been influenced, for example, by the science as far as the pandemic is concerned and a people’s vote as far as Brexit is concerned.

I’m struggling to find any decisions he has made or direction he has set as the PM which have been emotional ones.💁‍♂️

Nov 15, 2011
Off the top of my head Potty :

- 3 times ignoring scientists and delaying lockdown resulting in the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands of people
- wanting to be like the Sheriff in Jaws so not caring if the bodies piled high and it was only the over 80s dying anyway
- having to be restrained from visiting the Queen just before he caught Covid and the virus was ripping through Downing Street etc etc

re Brexit

- drunkenly telling the DUP in Belfast there wouldn't be any paperwork between NI & GB when he knew there would be more paperwork than when we were in the EU
- lying to the Queen when illegally proroguing Parliament in order to get Brexit done and so much more.

I think you need to define "emotional" though. If you define that as making every single decision in your life based on whether it will make you popular and / or achieve power for power's sake no matter what lies are required and what consequences it has on other people and therefore ignoring all logic and morality, then its safe to say that every decision Johnson makes is "emotional". ie not logical

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Commissioning HS2 based on proven incorrect data regarding the number of journeys per hour etc. The consultant involved in the project spoke publicly about the fact that the figures didn't add up and the money would be better spent improving existing infrastructure.

I think the benefit related to cost was 40 pence per pound spent and falling.

Massive environmental destruction with little discernable benefit in terms of service.

A £150 Bn vanity project - that's illogical

On the subject of science - he's never followed it.

3 lockdowns delayed against the scientific advice have indeed let the bodies pile high in their thousands

The Cult of Boris rumbles on ..... nothing to see here

Reactions: Shadowknight