• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

Will Cummings bring Johnson down?

Nov 15, 2011
One ray of hope Mervyn is Starmer saying the other day Labour would be willing to work with LibDems & Greens at the next GE.

YouGov poll yesterday has Tories on 38%, Labour 34% LDs 9% Greens 8%, and whatever you think of Dawn Butler, - I think she's part of Labour's problem, - I think maybe some people are realising as Joe has illustrated, that the emperor has no clothes.

Sep 25, 2010
Can anybody explain what Dawn Butler has done wrong.

She is the one telling the truth, ironic is that, she gets expelled for telling the truth, about somebody who never has.

Sep 2, 2008
Oh. I thought she was expelled for using unparliamentary language by calling Bojo a liar which broke the rules of politeness expected in the House of Commons chamber.

You’ve been TMKF’d haven’t you. You see/hear something and then morph it into something completely different to suit what you want to see/hear

Nov 15, 2011
Oh. I thought she was expelled for using unparliamentary language by calling Bojo a liar which broke the rules of politeness expected in the House of Commons chamber.

You’ve been TMKF’d haven’t you. You see/hear something and then morph it into something completely different to suit what you want to see/hear

wrong, nothing to do with unparliamentary language or politeness.

She was suspended for telling the truth that Johnson lies regularly and knowingly to the house.

The parliamentary code assumes that members are people of honour who would not knowingly lie to the house. And that has broadly been the case pre Johnson.

She rightly pointed out that if Johnson isn’t following the rules of the house then she is justified in pointing this out . So she was suspended for doing what he does all the time for which he is never punished.

The problems here are Johnson breaking the rules of the house by continuously lying and the speaker not enforcing the rules by recalling Johnson to correct his lies. I think they should continue to do it every day until Johnson stops lying and parliamentary standards are restored.

And potty please stop obsessing about me and pretending not to read my posts, it’s embarrassing.

Reactions: Martyn
Sep 25, 2010

Oh blimey, potty, she was expelled for telling the truth.

The point is Johnson, is a renowned liar, he was sacked by a newspaper for lying. He repeatedly gets away with in the house, and Dawn Butler was pointing this out. Blimey how can you condone such a Buffon like Johnson.
He is becoming the worst PM we have ever had.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon

Gianluigi the ex Juve keeper? ;):ROFLMAO:

Just joking

I agree with all the other comments though - regardless of party he's a clear winner for incompetence, lying, no integrity, no standards, no moral fibre .... etc, etc, etc

Not a rosette thing - he's literally run the country into the ground with his dithering and vanity projects.

Certainly will get his place in history, although not for the reasons he'd like.

🤥🤡👎

Willis88

50/50 Sponsor
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Gianluigi the ex Juve keeper? ;):ROFLMAO:

Just joking

I agree with all the other comments though - regardless of party he's a clear winner for incompetence, lying, no integrity, no standards, no moral fibre .... etc, etc, etc

Not a rosette thing - he's literally run the country into the ground with his dithering and vanity projects.

Certainly will get his place in history, although not for the reasons he'd like.

🤥🤡👎
And after all that he'll still win the next election as the opposition is somehow a worse choice.

Makes you wonder what position we'd be in if a competent despot was PM right now

Sep 2, 2008

The point is Johnson, is a renowned liar, he was sacked by a newspaper for lying. He repeatedly gets away with in the house, and Dawn Butler was pointing this out. Blimey how can you condone such a Buffon like Johnson.
I wasn’t but once again you read something and turn it into something completely different.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon

All of that is true, and I'm sure the dep. Speaker knows that too, but protocol dictates you cannot call a fellow MP a liar (or a cad, or a scoundrel, etc) ... and that's why they refer to each other as "right honourable". Because MPs don't lie. Apparently.

What I would love to see, when Parliament sits again, would be EVERY SINGLE Labour / LibDem / SNP / etc MP call Boris a liar, and every single one get kicked out for the day. THAT would be something to see.

Won't happen, though: most MPs don't have the cajones for that.

Sep 2, 2008
All of that is true, and I'm sure the dep. Speaker knows that too, but protocol dictates you cannot call a fellow MP a liar (or a cad, or a scoundrel, etc) ... and that's why they refer to each other as "right honourable". Because MPs don't lie. Apparently.

What I would love to see, when Parliament sits again, would be EVERY SINGLE Labour / LibDem / SNP / etc MP call Boris a liar, and every single one get kicked out for the day. THAT would be something to see.

Won't happen, though: most MPs don't have the cajones for that.
Or maybe they can follow rules and process unlike Butler. I think it says more about her and the way that she operates. To conduct herself in that way is probably an indicator of how she would operate if ever Labour were in power. Governing a Country through emotive responses is not the way. You start doing that then anarchy will reign.

There are other ways of exposing the lies and deceit of MPs which I believe Starmer is currently looking at. At least he is going about things the right way. Butler is an embarrassment and disgrace and Labour would do much better without the likes of her methods in their ranks. Starmer should be ripping her a new one but maybe he doesn’t have the cajones.

Nov 15, 2011
I wasn’t but once again you read something and turn it into something completely different.

Or maybe they can follow rules and process unlike Butler. I think it says more about her and the way that she operates. To conduct herself in that way is probably an indicator of how she would operate if ever Labour were in power. Governing a Country through emotive responses is not the way. You start doing that then anarchy will reign.

There are other ways of exposing the lies and deceit of MPs which I believe Starmer is currently looking at. At least he is going about things the right way. Butler is an embarrassment and disgrace and Labour would do much better without the likes of her methods in their ranks. Starmer should be ripping her a new one but maybe he doesn’t have the cajones.

So Potty thinks Butler should follow the rules and process which she broke once by pointing out that Johnson lied but has nothing to say about Johnson who breaks the rules and process by lying virtually every week. Bit hypocritical that Potty.

Sep 25, 2010

So once again, what has Butler done wrong. She has pointed out that Johnson continues to lie repeatedly.

But she gets expelled for telling the truth about Johnson. But nothing happens about the continuing liar.
Something not right hear.

Nov 15, 2011
So once again, what has Butler done wrong. She has pointed out that Johnson continues to lie repeatedly.

But she gets expelled for telling the truth about Johnson. But nothing happens about the continuing liar.
But Martyn Potty is a stickler for the rules when it comes to an MP calling out the PM for lying. Not so much when the PM lies or Trump tries to overturn a democratic election.

Sep 2, 2008

I'm sure I've answered this before:unsure:. She actually called him a liar which is unparliamentary language and broke the House of Chambers rule on politeness. That is what she did wrong. She breached protocol. I don't understand how its so hard to comprehend.

Get your head out of the 'she was only calling Johnson out because of the lies he's told' because that has nothing to do with it. We all know that's what she was doing and irrespective of whether its right or not, that's not the reason she was expelled.