• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Will Cummings bring Johnson down?

Jan 20, 2004
Pilgrim_Joe":2cy5rsdw said:
The more pertinent question might be will Johnson bring Johnson down?

Another dithering delayed decision and the repercussions could be serious for us all.

He has literally dithered and delayed on 3 sets of restrictions ..... and despite clear evidence and scientific proof delayed putting India on the red list and then gave people a further 4 days to bring back the Indian mutation of the virus.

Predictably trying to spin that we've only realised how serious things are in the last few days.

Has there ever been a more incompetent, dithering, narcissistic and self-obsessed PM?

It's not a rosette thing - Terry F'wit or what? :crazy:

Doesn't it just begger belief !?

We've all been watching what's happening in India for the last three or four weeks and it would not have been too big an issue, in the grand scale of things, to shut down flights to and from even as a precaution, but no, he'd rather live up to our now confirmed expectations of *who gives a f**k Prime Ministry practise*.

But as Frank has pointed out on another thread, he is turning into our very own Teflon coated PM, so we can expect him to ride this one out as well.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Mike E":7lmjn76v said:
Pilgrim_Joe":7lmjn76v said:
The more pertinent question might be will Johnson bring Johnson down?

Another dithering delayed decision and the repercussions could be serious for us all.

He has literally dithered and delayed on 3 sets of restrictions ..... and despite clear evidence and scientific proof delayed putting India on the red list and then gave people a further 4 days to bring back the Indian mutation of the virus.

Predictably trying to spin that we've only realised how serious things are in the last few days.

Has there ever been a more incompetent, dithering, narcissistic and self-obsessed PM?

It's not a rosette thing - Terry F'wit or what? :crazy:

Doesn't it just begger belief !?

We've all been watching what's happening in India for the last three or four weeks and it would not have been too big an issue, in the grand scale of things, to shut down flights to and from even as a precaution, but no, he'd rather live up to our now confirmed expectations of *who gives a f**k Prime Ministry practise*.

But as Frank has pointed out on another thread, he is turning into our very own Teflon coated PM, so we can expect him to ride this one out as well.

Oh I don't doubt he will Mike.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at the hiding in plain sight and clearly doesn't give a fig nature of the man.

He literally has normalised lying and incompetence.... .. "oh that's just Boris" :funny:

Unbelievable, but true :sigh:

Nov 15, 2011
Flights still coming in today from India and apparently up to a quarter of people can’t be traced at the address they give for isolation,

But an insider at a war games meeting on Thursday said Johnson knew he should have shut the borders but he didn’t want to upset mr modi, so that’s all right then.

Back to the OP, can anyone dig out Cummings’ tweet today and shown on The Daily Politics. I’m paraphrasing, but he says ‘ I have the only document which proves what Boris has said, (presumably about bodies piled high).’ He goes on to say ‘shall I show it to the committee, send it to the newspapers or sell it to raise money for charity’.

Nov 15, 2011
mervyn":3kwlbi71 said:
Back to the OP, can anyone dig out Cummings’ tweet today and shown on The Daily Politics. I’m paraphrasing, but he says ‘ I have the only document which proves what Boris has said, (presumably about bodies piled high).’ He goes on to say ‘shall I show it to the committee, send it to the newspapers or sell it to raise money for charity’.

Here you go Mervyn

“I’ve got the only copy of a crucial historical document from covid decision-making,” he said in a tweet clearly intended to make mischief and raise expectations of bombshell disclosures when he gives evidence to MPs next week. He went on to ask: “Should I 1/ give it to the Cmte next week / put on blog, b/ auction it … & give the ETH to a covid families charity?”

There were a further 14 tweets quite bizarre I thought accusing everyone but himself for being useless.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Schuey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Foodbank Donor
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
He might have misread it.
After all he hasn't had an eye test for a while has he. Has he? :think:

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Dom's Tweets are a car-crash to read: I think it has to be intentional. God only knows what they were like when it was a 140 character limit per tweet.

Nov 15, 2011
They're both liars but it would be easy for the government to disprove a lot of the allegations today if they weren't true. And they are all pretty much how you would expect Johnson to act based on his life to date ie the lies, laziness, disregard for anyone's welfare except for himself, chaotic lifestyle, lack of humanity etc are all entirely in character.

May 22, 2006
Someone asked a very pertinent question today and Cummings rather fudged the answer.

In the glare of the country's media on that day in the Rose Garden, why did Cummings not air his concerns? If it's true that thousands of lives could have been saved with different, more decisive action, why was Cummings so....indecisive? By then it was already pretty darn obvious that Johnson wasn't capable of listening to reason, so why not go to the press then? Why now? It's no good pointing out in May 2021 that Covid patients were being sent back to care homes with little protection in May 2020. Why wait a whole god damn year??

The more I think about it the more angry I get.

Unfortunately the revelations of the last two months have revealed nothing about Johnson's character (or indeed Hancock's incompetence) that wasn't already well-known. His supporters don't care, and most of his detractors lack someone worth voting for. Johnson is in absolutely no danger of losing his position over these revelations, no matter how bad they may become. Cummings himself is so drastically out of touch that he just doesn't seem to get this. He certainly isn't self-aware enough to realise how bad this is looking for him.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Schuey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Foodbank Donor
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ham Green":24z2a5lq said:
Someone asked a very pertinent question today and Cummings rather fudged the answer.

In the glare of the country's media on that day in the Rose Garden, why did Cummings not air his concerns? If it's true that thousands of lives could have been saved with different, more decisive action, why was Cummings so....indecisive? By then it was already pretty darn obvious that Johnson wasn't capable of listening to reason, so why not go to the press then? Why now?

Unfortunately the revelations of the last two months have revealed nothing about Johnson's character (or indeed Hancock's incompetence) that wasn't already well-known. His supporters don't care, and most of his detractors lack someone worth voting for. Cummings himself is so drastically out of touch that he just doesn't seem to get this.

But wasn't Cummings trying to save his skin when he was in the Rose Garden??
He wasn't trying to diss Boris then he was trying to stay on board the PM's crack team??
As I heard Peter Bottomley say when driving home from work: @Hours of evidence, only mentioned Gove (the slithy tove) twice towards the end?

TBH Hancock seemed his target more than Boris. Maybe if you crack Hancock he'll open the drawbridge to Castle Boreass overnight and let Boris's enemies in?(One million at a time please).

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
It was absolutely astonishing - unprecedented - jaw-dropping - take your pick of adjectives. He was THE MAN. The one at the very heart of government, in the room when decisions of life and death were made until just a few months ago. You cannot simply dismiss such evidence as lies from an embittered former colleague. Sure - like any decent historian reading a first hand account of momentous events we must take into account the bias and agenda of the source.

But much of what Cummings says is backed up by the facts and his account is nothing more than a window into the inner workings and pointing the finger at those responsible. Infected patients were released from hospital into care homes and it was utter b0ll0x when Hancock claimed a "protective ring" was placed around them. A LIE. Johnson was warned about the dangers of the second wave - many people (including Starmer) called for a 'fire break' lockdown in September but Bojo ploughed on insisting we could open up.....Eat-out-to-help-out, have a good Christmas etc. By then we all knew about Covid, the excuse of ignorance of the first wave doesn't hold. The chaos of test-and-trace is a matter of record so when Dom tells us Hancock was distracting everyone with simply having a stupid target of 100,000 tests a day just so he could crow about it in press conferences (even if it had bugger all effect because there was no follow up mechanism) - then his claim rings very true.

This is serious stuff. His chilling words that "thousands died needlessly" can't be ignored. If a person with a history of lying accuses others of telling lies it doesn't mean we shouldn't believe him - not if it's a first hand account that is supported by evidence. We need an enquiry.....but Bojo is trying to kick that particular can way down the road again. I wonder why?

Nov 15, 2011
They ignored the boy when he cried out the emperor was wearing no clothes, today his tailor has just confirmed there is no suit and he’s naked, but I’m still hearing so many people admiring his fine 3 piece.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
themightykeithfear":ung2o865 said:
They ignored the boy when he cried out the emperor was wearing no clothes, today his tailor has just confirmed there is no suit and he’s naked, but I’m still hearing so many people admiring his fine 3 piece.

Taking away the obvious pot shots at Hancock and Carrie there was so much substance which joined all the dots.

Not a single allegation refuted by the press office.

Boris doesn't count .... lying is like breathing to him.

People keep talking hindsight as a deflection - it's not. He's still doing it now with the Indian virus mutation. Trying to blame ethnic groups - classic dog whistle, while not acknowledging yet again he's failed to act.

The first lockdown you could give him the benefit of the doubt, but I do remember Starmer calling for a fire break and being mocked and we now find out it was Boris alone, not the scientists who resisted.

He's never followed the science, just his own ego.

"Inject me with Covid live on tv"

Even Trump wasn't that stupid.

The cult of Boris will still find an excuse why he's not to blame - he is - plain as day.

Boris the Butcher