Who will go down? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who will go down?

Bottom two

• Sheffield Wednesday

• Huddersfield Town

• Birmingham City

• Plymouth Argyle

• Blackburn Rovers

• Queens Park Rangers

• Stoke City

• Millwall

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
We are going to assume Rotherham are already relegated so we have two places left to fill, so who will it be?

Reactions: pabloman

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Funnily enough, at the start of the season, I predicted the 3 Yorkshire clubs currently occupying the bottom 3 to be the ones to go down so I see no reason to change my mind now. We are certainly going to run it close though.
It will be interesting to see how many vote for Argyle, a lot of people on other threads are certain we are going down so in theory Argyle should have three figure numbers next to them

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I can only go with logic. My head says that when we played Rotherham, Millwall, QPR & Stoke that both squads looked comparible with each other.

I look at that Hull fixture & think will they have anything to play for in that fixture.

I think it goes to the wire. Last season our squad had the ability to dig itself out of holes. I remember how we got results without playing well. I hope we still have that ability up our sleeve.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I can only go with logic. My head says that when we played Rotherham, Millwall, QPR & Stoke that both squads looked comparible with each other.

I look at that Hull fixture & think will they have anything to play for in that fixture.

I think it goes to the wire. Last season our squad had the ability to dig itself out of holes. I remember how we got results without playing well. I hope we still have that ability up our sleeve.
What was your vote?

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
What was your vote?

I believe Argyle will stay up.

Like l tried to explain to someone before, Argyle have competed well performance wise against your bottom 10 teams. There was the odd game like Millwall at HP, but in the main we found a way to take something from it. Majority of those games were at HP though.

So lve seen the reverse fixtures. Like Swansea away where we were lucky but at HP they battered us under Schumacher. Blackburn who gave us real problems defensively at HP yet l thought we were decent in that away game under Foster.

So, my head says we will get enough.

So you want to know who else. I watched parts of Blackburn last night. They played OK. Yet their remaining fixtures aren't great. I think it could be them. My other one is Huddersfield.

Wednesday have been united by Danny Rohl. A young, inexperienced coach playing very pragmatic football. Their fans seem to love him. Yet with 31% possession at home to Swansea l see them fair no better than Foster does at times to same oppostion.

So it's got to be Huddersfield as QPR, Stoke, Birmingham l feel have enough talent & experience to fall back on to get them out of this mess.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
BTW, LancasterGreen and its only a mad hunch...

I think the bubble may burst this summer regarding football clubs & expenditure.

If Blackburn go down l see them in massive financial problems.

I can see Everton finally going down too. I think they are due another points case. I think for a great club like Everton to go down it will be very sad, but l think it will be the best thing for English football. We need a massive club like them to highlight the way football clubs are run with careless abandonment.

Reading isn't big enough unfortunately to send the shock waves needed for a football reset but Everton going down, with clubs like Blackburn, might just finally be the tipping point.

Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
BTW, LancasterGreen and its only a mad hunch...

I think the bubble may burst this summer regarding football clubs & expenditure.

If Blackburn go down l see them in massive financial problems.

I can see Everton finally going down too. I think they are due another points case. I think for a great club like Everton to go down it will be very sad, but l think it will be the best thing for English football. We need a massive club like them to highlight the way football clubs are run with careless abandonment.

Reading isn't big enough unfortunately to send the shock waves needed for a football reset but Everton going down, with clubs like Blackburn, might just finally be the tipping point.

Probably wishful thinking on my part.
I think you are quite right and of course we have the biggest case of all to come in Manchester City, 115 I believe, cases to answer and surely the only punishment for them is to be expelled from the Premier League and the EFL to push them to League Two?
Seems an unlikely outcome but based on Everton losing 6 points for what is likely to minor losses in comparison on one count then that means 690 points deducted per charge for Manchester City!
Going on what happened to Rangers where they were sent out of existence and had to re form and stripped of their titles etc, there can be no other outcome.
If that were to happen to the golden boys of the English game then surely that's when football will reset?

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I think you are quite right and of course we have the biggest case of all to come in Manchester City, 115 I believe, cases to answer and surely the only punishment for them is to be expelled from the Premier League and the EFL to push them to League Two?
Seems an unlikely outcome but based on Everton losing 6 points for what is likely to minor losses in comparison on one count then that means 690 points deducted per charge for Manchester City!
Going on what happened to Rangers where they were sent out of existence and had to re form and stripped of their titles etc, there can be no other outcome.
If that were to happen to the golden boys of the English game then surely that's when football will reset?

There is one thing l’ve heard but not sure if it’s true. That next year they are changing FFP rules where clubs like City can spend even more ridiculous amounts of money. It makes me wonder if they will sweep City rule breaking, even if proven, under the carpet. Although how can they after deducting points of Everton & Forest.

The people l feel sorry for are the fans. They are always the one to take the fully scale of the punishment whilst the owners often wash their hands of the club.

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Dec 27, 2016
Looking at our fellow strugglers, I do think there are still reasons for us to be optimistic about staying in this division. Blackburn and Birmingham both have really tough run ins and their current form is poor. Huddersfield are similarly going to find it really tough and Sheff Wed, although much improved, are still very vulnerable. Our goal difference could still be the key, so keeping things tight at the back and not conceding another 4 against Leicester could be the key to our survival. I think QPR, Stoke and Millwall will survive along with us - Blackburn, Birmingham and Rotherham are my picks to be relegated.