Votes: 62 43.7%
  • Just outside relegation

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Relegated

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
As is said above, our defence last season was our biggest weakness, mostly made up of young loanees with little to no league experience, backed up with a keeper in his first full season.

That's paying no disservice to Cooper, who was outstanding, but the defence really missed a leader last season and normally that's coming from an experienced keeper who's sorting the line out.

This defence already looks a load better than last seasons, we've got some experience in there and Cooper has a season under his belt to build the communication skills needed for the role.

IF we become a hard defence to break down we'll do well this season, if we aren't then a mid table finish (higher than last season for sure) should be what we expect.

Lesmin

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2011
At the moment with squad we have I’m thinking we’ll finish in 10 place. If we could get a playmaker and a 20+ goalscorer we’ll finish a lot higher

Reactions: IJN

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What’s a 20+ goal scorer look like these days?

Reactions: Newmansd
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I think League One next year looks stronger on paper than the year just gone. However I like the way we’ve recruited so far so I do feel positive going into the season and if we can add another midfield option and another forward, I think our squad looks solid.

For me a top half finish would represent a good season but I would obviously like us to push a step further and compete for a playoff spot.

Just as importantly, I’d like to see us concede a lot less goals and see consistent performances over 90 minutes. These two things will be the biggest indicator of progress for me. Evidence that Lowe has been able to learn from mistakes and evolve the team.

Mar 14, 2009
I remember when Lowe first joined here. His message was all about attacking play. He even stated we might concede a few because of our attacking philosophy.

Last year was disastrous at the back. Yet it would of been masked over a little if were this front foot, aggressive side.

Thats what disappoints me the most so far under Lowe tenure. Too many sideways balls at a slow tempo. This results in a real lack of chances created.

We hear far too many soundbites. We talk about good football. Yet good football is not just a tippy tappy style. It’s about penetrating the opposition back line with incisive play. Whether that takes 1 pass or 20. I don’t care personally. Yet you need to move the ball fast. For all our defensive issues the way we moved the ball last season was too slow. That needs changing for us to be successful this season.

Reactions: oke buoy and KeithB
Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
I'll be super happy if we make it into the playoffs... Anything better then I'm ecstatic, anything worse and I can live with it as long as we're not relegated.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Harder league, better team, mid table finish most likely.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
l think this is the season we find out if we have a manager who we can progress with.

This is his third season. I thought last season was a mess. I thought we might struggle but Lowe didn’t seem to know how to halt a bad run of form.

The simple fact is if he wants to play this brand of football he needs better attacking midfield options. He also needs another forward of the quality of Ennis.

He needs a attacking system that can get the best out the team. Personally, if he doesn’t change the current system l think we will struggle. It all centres around Mayor. That’s great for him but it doesn’t help other good players we have like Camara.

Defensively, we have no idea how good these current new defenders are. Can they play under pressure of a press from better standard of opponent? However, if they are a significant upgrade and we can keep Ennis fit l believe we can finish mid-table.

Currently, we have no “end product“ players which will be our achilles heel. Maybe George Cooper can be that player. If this area of the team is fixed we should finish a comfortable mid-table. If it doesn’t we will be in a battle again similar to last season.

Next few weeks recruitment is vital.
Couldn’t have put it better myself - a make or break season for the manager.

Jun 27, 2019
If we don't improve on the current midfield and attack then we'll probably finish below mid-table.

As others have said, the same old issues going forward were present at Rovers on Saturday: Jephcott anonymous, Hardie working hard but not League One standard (in my view), Camara fluffing his lines in and around the area, Mayor being double-marked, Ennis brilliant outside the area but is his finishing good enough to be a 20-goal man?

This might be too negative for some people, but we were worse than rubbish last season and some of the obvious flaws haven't yet been fixed. Emphasis on the word yet.

Whatever RL says, we badly need another right-sided midfielder and striker. Otherwise another mediocre season awaits.

Oct 31, 2015
Mid table is probably as far as this squad can go. Not sure our budget can take us any further. It's not what people want to hear but it's reality

Just no bad runs of immense length please. It seems to be the Argyle way under the last 2 X managers.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum