• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Where do you think we will finish in League One for season 2021/2022?

For the same vote last summer mid-table was the most popular choice at 46%.

Mar 14, 2009
l think this is the season we find out if we have a manager who we can progress with.

This is his third season. I thought last season was a mess. I thought we might struggle but Lowe didn’t seem to know how to halt a bad run of form.

The simple fact is if he wants to play this brand of football he needs better attacking midfield options. He also needs another forward of the quality of Ennis.

He needs a attacking system that can get the best out the team. Personally, if he doesn’t change the current system l think we will struggle. It all centres around Mayor. That’s great for him but it doesn’t help other good players we have like Camara.

Defensively, we have no idea how good these current new defenders are. Can they play under pressure of a press from better standard of opponent? However, if they are a significant upgrade and we can keep Ennis fit l believe we can finish mid-table.

Currently, we have no “end product“ players which will be our achilles heel. Maybe George Cooper can be that player. If this area of the team is fixed we should finish a comfortable mid-table. If it doesn’t we will be in a battle again similar to last season.

Next few weeks recruitment is vital.

Reactions: Emeraldinho

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
With additions I think just inside the playoffs

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
A mid table or indeed a survival position is simply not good enough. We have to be aiming for promotion...either automatic or via the play offs....else what is the point?

Feb 8, 2005
A mid table or indeed a survival position is simply not good enough. We have to be aiming for promotion...either automatic or via the play offs....else what is the point?
Let reality sink in, Oddball.

We need progression, but we are not going to have the finances for a promotion push until the grandstand can provide us with the money.

"Mid table or survival position" may be good enough for now.

January window might be important, dependent on where we are in the league at that time.

Success in football is mainly based on finance (every football club has a financial ceiling), hard work and some luck thrown in for good measure, as I am sure you are aware.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Unfortunately we are not Ipswich, Wigan, who seem to be signing one man & his dog in the blind hope of getting promoted. SH has said as the custodian of our beloved club he will not jeopardise our financial well being in the hope of getting to the promised land.

I will be happy with a top half finish between 7th & 12th- no doubt the big hitters will be in & around the top 8 we also have the teams that came down from the Championship to consider as well

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Goals against should be better.....but we only have Ennis up front......Hardie works hard but no end result....Jephcott needs to look at his goals that he scored half a season ago.....has he cut his hair or something.....does he know someone call Delilah.....we'll finish between 14th and 18th......with this present 20 player squad.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If we're talking finances then we might have a slight edge over other clubs with our ÂŁ2 million insurance pay out and 97% of fans not wanting a season ticket rebate and on paper it looks like we are offering good wages.
Three of the new players arrived from teams who finished above us in League One last season and we paid a transfer fee for one of them, another player signed from a team who had just won promotion from League Two and he played a huge part in that over the second half of the season.
As for the other two - I don't know the standard of Brisbane Roar and in the one match I've seen Scarr is exactly the type of centre-back we've needed for the last 12 months.

Lowe has stated there will be loan players from outside of the Premier League (George Cooper and Hardie previously worked out very well from clubs of a similar stature to us) then it all looks good.

A mid-table finish would be an achievement but we all want better and to have an edge over the big spending teams we need to be tactically aware and outwit opposition managers and based on the last two seasons I don't think the management team have the tactical nous to win tight games with a tweak here and there as someone like Sturrock often did.

If our set-piece routines improve dramatically and we finally score from corners and free-kicks we could win a lot of tight games.

So I think we will finish mid-table but hoping for better.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Given our current squad it’s the most realistic.

Our manager‘s tactics need to dramatically improve this season to finish any higher.
It’s not just our manager, it’s the management TEAM. Hopefully, RL, Shuey and Nance will get their heads together during games and use the benefits of their experiences from last season in League 1.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Given our current squad it’s the most realistic.

Our manager‘s tactics need to dramatically improve this season to finish any higher.
Very safe opinion there MGM , should we finish top half you can safely say it is because our managers tactics have improved . In my opinion the quality and experience of our new signings looks to be an improvement on last season ( where recruitment was hindered in my view by our location during the pandemic and lock downs , leading to temporary signings with limited experience for key defensive roles). With the new signings we should be more secure in defence , which will allow the more attack minded players we have ( hopefully added to with a couple more ) to get forward with more confidence to create and convert chances this season. I feel the tactics will remain largely the same , although with a better suited group of players.

Reactions: davie nine