What ‘unpopular opinion’ do you have? | Page 39 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What ‘unpopular opinion’ do you have?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It seems that unpopular opinions are not allowed on a thread of unpopular opinions.

All I said was that winning a division doesn’t count as anything more than promotion.

For proof I give you Newcastle United who it is said have not won anything since 1969 which means that that night of celebration at Home Park was no more than a Toon promotion party.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
You've got to set expectations though. Argyle will probably never win the PL, and we know it.

But we do remember the promotion years as we know that "our level" is probably Championship at best. Therefore every step towards the return is a celebration.

Palace are different as they're destined to spend the remaining existence avoiding relegation each season. Cant imagine it's at all enjoyable.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
You've got to set expectations though. Argyle will probably never win the PL, and we know it.

But we do remember the promotion years as we know that "our level" is probably Championship at best. Therefore every step towards the return is a celebration.

Palace are different as they're destined to spend the remaining existence avoiding relegation each season. Cant imagine it's at all enjoyable.
Every football supporter is allowed to dream of what might come next, even Man United fans right now. I did point out in my original post that Palace have never won anything as is the same for many clubs. I'm happy to admit that. Facts are facts.

Sep 6, 2006
It seems that unpopular opinions are not allowed on a thread of unpopular opinions.

All I said was that winning a division doesn’t count as anything more than promotion.

For proof I give you Newcastle United who it is said have not won anything since 1969 which means that that night of celebration at Home Park was no more than a Toon promotion party.
We HAVE won something. Devon Bowl!

• Haha
Reactions: Lundan Cabbie
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Every football supporter is allowed to dream of what might come next, even Man United fans right now. I did point out in my original post that Palace have never won anything as is the same for many clubs. I'm happy to admit that. Facts are facts.
I dont have any disagreement with your opinion, I think it's fair.

Just adding to the point that everyone's expectations are different and I'd take promotion over celebrating not be relegated any time.

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I get this "who the beddy hell do you think you are?" moment whenever I see players with their first name on their shirts rather than the surname.

For starters, Virgil van Dijk is a culprit with his VIRGIL 4 on his back, which is wrong on all levels. Everyone knows that Gordon was 4 and Virgil was in fact 2. :whistle:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I don’t think Jordan Garrick is a good footballer, rather someone who uses their pace to mask how technically limited he is.

Reactions: gaspargomez