What ‘unpopular opinion’ do you have? | Page 38 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What ‘unpopular opinion’ do you have?

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Well as a lady apparently i should know diddly squat about football- back in the dark ages i found it rather amusing that when i attended matches i was told i was only there to look at the players legs & knew nothing about the game (absolutely outrageous)

Time has moved on- fans have their options & preferences

I dont care about the gender of the commentator so long as they are knowledgeable & thorough in their research -there should not be an issue
Here here, Mutley Marvel. They stopped saying I knew nothing about the game when I qualified as a ref., even if, in those long lost days, I was only allowed to take charge of schoolboy games! (Mind you, some footballers did have good legs--- not that I was looking, mind!)

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Here here, Mutley Marvel. They stopped saying I knew nothing about the game when I qualified as a ref., even if, in those long lost days, I was only allowed to take charge of schoolboy games! (Mind you, some footballers did have good legs--- not that I was looking, mind!)
All i will say is the men i currently work with are rather surprised i know more about football then what they do
But i have educated them rather well - they know all about Argyle & they always look out for our results
That is what i call a result :D

Mar 16, 2009
London
I find it bizarre that people have a major problem with others supporting more than one club.

There could be endless reasons why.

it’s a bit like hating jazz music because you’re really into metal.

Reactions: boletus edulis

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
People get touchy about it on here as it’s a specific Argyle related board. A lot of Argyle fans support other clubs, they won’t admit it on here though. Best to keep your chat about it to the football forum though and there would be less moaning about it.

People get touchy about it on here as it’s a specific Argyle related board. A lot of Argyle fans support other clubs, they won’t admit it on here though. Best to keep your chat about it to the football forum though and there would be less moaning about it.
It’s noticeable that many supporters at HP are Sarf Easteners or Midlanders. Devon has become one of the most migrated into counties in the country. Inevitable then that many will be long term supporters of their previous local clubs, but over time develop a really strong attachment to Argyle. My neighbours in the Lyndhurst are devout Hammers fans and will never lose that attachment, despite sharing all the same hopes and fears for Argyle that we all have.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Well fair play to you (and Mervyn) for honesty. I try to keep posts relevant to the thread when I do post anything about Wednesday.

I think what the last few days on here has shown is that a lot of Pasoti people have a less vindictive streak than some who perhaps ought to set a better example.

If nothing else, I must be helping the click rate on here 😀

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I haven't got a problem with opposition fans coming onto Pasoti but I do take issue with sly digs at Argyle by DevonGreenOwl.
The pee take of the older Argyle fans, the grandstand and Ryan Lowe are just a few examples plus the condescending tone.

But each to their own and it seems I'm in the minority. No biggie.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I haven't got a problem with opposition fans coming onto Pasoti but I do take issue with sly digs at Argyle by DevonGreenOwl.
The Pee take of the older Argyle fans, the grandstand and Ryan Lowe are just a few examples plus the condescending tone.

But each to their own and it seems I'm in the minority. No biggie.
Blimey, I am an older fan with a fairly serious heart condition fgs!

People moan about different stuff. You’ll never hear me moan about queuing outside the Lyndhurst for instance. Or music that’s too loud, or too quiet. I get there in plenty of time and wander in without any problem. I don’t moan about trivia but accept that some things are more important to others. I don’t even moan about people who leave early fgs!😀

Personally, I think the Grandstand has been a monumental cock up of huge proportions. It was supposed to be a flagship, but it’s limping along on one engine. All I’ve ever said is that Hallett has been let down, albeit he carries the can at the end of the day. If people don’t like the odd quip about it in jest, Werthers jokes, short legs etc then fair enough. I suspect that you and certain others would have no problem with it at all, if I didn’t also have the honesty from the outset, to admit my main allegiance. I still think I’m a good supporter of this football club. I travel over 3,000 miles a season watching them, as every game is sort of away for me, whilst at the same time trying to get to Hillsborough whenever I can.

Quite how I’m supposed to have taken the P out of Ryan Lowe I really don’t see. When people were giving him any amount of crap as a one season wonder who will be off up north at the drop of a hat, during his first season I stood up for him.

I certainly wasn’t one of those calling for him to be sacked last season either. So I’ve been critical of his fist pumping. THATS IT. That’s what a site like this is for - people's opinions. I think it’s a touch embarrassing that’s all and no doubt some others do. It leaves him nowhere to go when things get rougher. There’s no bitterness or rancour from me towards Ryan Lowe that’s for sure. I rate him very highly and think he MIGHT go very far.

If he went to Wednesday I’d be happy, but not sure if he’s ready even if he wanted it. It’s a massive club with incredible supporters, whatever you might think and the pressures are completely different there. He’d have to learn to work with an incompetent owner for a start! I'd prefer somebody more experienced like Alex Neil. In a way, I hope it never happens simply because it would make life on here even more difficult for me than YOU already seem to want to make it.

So all I can say is can we put all this behind us and continue to enjoy what is a very promising period for this football club that I first started to support, yes support, when Mariner and Rafferty were in the team. For all I know, you’ve been doing it for even longer.

Mar 20, 2008
It’s noticeable that many supporters at HP are Sarf Easteners or Midlanders. Devon has become one of the most migrated into counties in the country. Inevitable then that many will be long term supporters of their previous local clubs, but over time develop a really strong attachment to Argyle. My neighbours in the Lyndhurst are devout Hammers fans and will never lose that attachment, despite sharing all the same hopes and fears for Argyle that we all have.
And also one of the most emigrated from county I would suggest