What ‘unpopular opinion’ do you have? | Page 37 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What ‘unpopular opinion’ do you have?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Okay, I'll put it another way.

Men's football has been our National Sport for over 100 years.

How long has women's football been popular enough to be given air time on tv?

Give them a chance to catch up, they might even get similar opportunities as the men to advance their sport some day.
The last time Women's football was 'popular' there was no tv to put it on.
After WW1 it was huge with crowds of up to 50,000.
For obvious reasons there was a shortage of young fit men to play the game.
So it was warmly embraced and encouraged? Errmm no!
The FA banned women from playing in league grounds in 1921. That ban stayed in place until 1971.

Jan 21, 2007
I have absolutely zero interest in women's football ... I couldn't name a single current player, who the WSL Champions are, who won the last World Cup (although I think it may have been the USA now I'm writing this) or Olympics, nor do I know anyone (male or female) who takes more than a slither of interest more than me.

However, I do feel the uncontrollable urge to argue against, and dismiss as sexist bigots, anyone that voices the same level of disinterest as me.

I also dislike jazz; especially women's jazz.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I have absolutely zero interest in women's football ... I couldn't name a single current player, who the WSL Champions are, who won the last World Cup (although I think it may have been the USA now I'm writing this) or Olympics, nor do I know anyone (male or female) who takes more than a slither of interest more than me.

However, I do feel the uncontrollable urge to argue against, and dismiss as sexist bigots, anyone that voices the same level of disinterest as me.

I also dislike jazz; especially women's jazz.
1637063179204.jpeg

Feb 13, 2021
People who believe we are not geographically the back of beyond need a geography lesson in where the rest of the professional football teams are positioned!
You can throw a stone a hit another club in most parts of England! Hence the reason it’s hard to get our targets unless we pay a premium! Very very few settle their families here!