Liam Rosenior!! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liam Rosenior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2016
View attachment 15303Obviously he hasn't joined us yet.

However in time honoured tradition, (we did it with Holloway) messages can be left on here and we can make sure that he will see them.

Come on Pasoti'ites what would your message be to the new Gaffer?
Who? I don’t think he was in the technical area on Saturday.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Nothing against Rosenior, but what makes him so great? His spell at Derby didn’t end well and Hull have seen fit to sack him. The bloke is also quite inexperienced. I’m not convinced.

Hull fans almost unanimously disagree with the decision with the decision to sack him.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Hull definitely play in a style Schumacher was creating at the end of his reign.

The back four would push up quite high under Schumacher & you could see this in tye Hull game under Rosenior. To the point Allslop played a brillant role l felt as the sweeper keeper. There was a Hardie situation in the first half which l felt was a perfect example of this.

You are therefore going to need a keeper who is brilliant on the ball, but is also very quick in getting out of his box to sense danger.

The other is the passing it around the back. Their one weakness to me that Argyle almost exploited via Whittaker's shot was the passing around the back. They got themselves in a tangle with it a few times in that first half. This is a side at the end of a season & still being caught by the oppostion. It reminded by exactly of Argyle at Leeds for the first 30 mins as effectively Leeds best chances of scoring were coming from our mistakes.

If you were being fair you could argue that his style of football is exposed when his team doesn't play well & they don't come off the pitch with a result. Could you see him trying to grind out a result like we did against Leicester playing a more defensive style? Does he have a plan B? I would say this maybe why he has come unstuck at Derby & Hull, even if it seems unfair. Those clubs are geared for instant success & football is ruthless these days & rarely gives you time & patience.

I agree Liam Rosenior ticks many of the boxes. I like the way he conducts himself after interviews. He always give a fair assessment of the game, never really looking for excuses. Like on Saturday he said Argyle deserved to win. He plays a decent brand of football. Certainly its with a eye of a more front foot mentality. I can't see how he wouldn't bond with players. He has taken youngsters from the premier league on loan & tried to develop them.

Personally, l would be delighted with him. He is a very good coach. He speaks well. I think he'd get time to develop his style of football. His experience as a player & now a coach at a higher level would also be useful. It's a no brainer.

Last edited:

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Nothing against Rosenior, but what makes him so great? His spell at Derby didn’t end well and Hull have seen fit to sack him. The bloke is also quite inexperienced. I’m not convinced.

Our next coach will be "inexperienced" l dare say. Probably have less experience of the championship than LR.

Jul 6, 2005
For the sort of person Dewsnip wants, I doubt there will be a better candidate than Rosenior.

Whether he would want to come is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.