We should have sold Whittaker (merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We should have sold Whittaker (merged)

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Morgs his missing is wing man in Finn

No other player in the squad has come close to the understanding Finn & Morgs had :cry:

Reactions: Shorty

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
I get the point of the post. But since that Lazio bid came in, of the games we have won or drawn, he has been pivotal or the match winner in. I think we'd be in even more of a mess

Perhaps, and it's definitely a hindsight call from me. He can be so much better so I'm just really annoyed at how he's gone missing when we've needed him.

I'm finding his complete disinterest more frustrating than seeing other players unable to compete due to lack of quality. MW has the ability to contribute more than he is, but it's like he's given up on us.

Reactions: gandalf the green
Sep 2, 2018
Basel
Perhaps, and it's definitely a hindsight call from me. He can be so much better so I'm just really annoyed at how he's gone missing when we've needed him.

I'm finding his complete disinterest more frustrating than seeing other players unable to compete due to lack of quality. MW has the ability to contribute more than he is, but it's like he's given up on us.
He's a luxury player, not a grafter. He's the sort of player who needs to be made special, in the same way that Pulis used to protect Etherington . But next week, he's the sort of guy who might just be pivotal and keep us up...who knows

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset

Disinterest and missing aren't the first two words that came to mind this afternoon when he ran back and tackled on the edge of our area as the last man.

Jun 26, 2023
Easy to say it now.
If we had sold him and been struggling like we are then would have blamed it on selling him
We are where we are. It is what it is.
Let's get behind them on Saturday. Maybe there's just one moment of magic left in him that keeps us up 🙂

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
If you read that to mean I want to slate players then you are wrong, its just so predictable that people will highlight someone for a bashing.
Usually its Hardie because he's crap or Randell because hes crap and so on, when in fact these players may not be championship standard but they are employed by Argyle, they turn up and do what they are asked to do, if they come up short then so be it, but they have given everything they could.
SS leaving didn't help, Azaz leaving didn't help, Cundle leaving... well Cundle left...
Then we have the head coach who just ruined everything good about us and took away our fighting spirit, to then leave us with two people who are trying their best to get us over the line but might be like the players... not quite good enough.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
Should have could have would have, all great with hindsight.

If we sold Whittaker in January and ended up in the this position then people would be out for blood.

Reactions: memory man
Sep 7, 2006
London
Whittaker is class, let's not be short-sighted about how he's performed this season.

Number of factors driving his poor form IMO
  • He loved Schuey. Like, really really liked working with him in a way you don't often see.
  • He needs a rest that we can't afford to give him.
  • He doesn't react well to pressure and we've found ourselves struggling for form in a relegation battle - this is a major flaw if he's to play at the level of clubs showing interest.
  • Azaz and Cundle passes gone = Argyle creating far less chances, shots on goal, per game.
  • Azaz gone = MW an easy target for doubling up. Before, we had a multifaceted attack. I miss it.
  • Disruption, which applies to the whole team.
    • We've gone from SS 4-3-3 ->
      • to ND 3-4-2-1 ->
      • to Foster's (defensive minded) 3-4-2-1 with new players ->
      • to ND's (supposedly attacking?!) 3-4-2-1 with Foster's post-Jan squad.
    • Seems like this has gradually eroded our tactical identity.
    • Compare to QPR and Sheff Wed who have had their struggles and disruptions, but current managers are sitting on 30+ games and January window business conducted on their terms. Low and behold, they play with an identity and are getting results.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
If you read that to mean I want to slate players then you are wrong, its just so predictable that people will highlight someone for a bashing.
Usually its Hardie because he's crap or Randell because hes crap and so on, when in fact these players may not be championship standard but they are employed by Argyle, they turn up and do what they are asked to do, if they come up short then so be it, but they have given everything they could.
SS leaving didn't help, Azaz leaving didn't help, Cundle leaving... well Cundle left...
Then we have the head coach who just ruined everything good about us and took away our fighting spirit, to then leave us with two people who are trying their best to get us over the line but might be like the players... not quite good enough.
No. I was thinking not about people dissing our last head coach because he deserved it. More about your viciousness and enjoyment of just how hateful you could be towards him.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Disinterest and missing aren't the first two words that came to mind this afternoon when he ran back and tackled on the edge of our area as the last man.
What about the multiple times he stood there looking at a ball that he was the closest player to, made no attempt to get it and just let them take it?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Because he's a rat..
I don’t doubt that but he saw something.

Appeasing yourself with your own agenda didn't answer the wider question

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
No. I was thinking not about people dissing our last head coach because he deserved it. More about your viciousness and enjoyment of just how hateful you could be towards him.
I think I have missed something so please forgive me but if you would be kind of enough to enlighten me I will be able to respond accordingly :)

Feb 11, 2024
Said this in Jan (sorry) weve been poorly managed at all levels since Dec. We are down, based on momentum and the fact our players really dont care (they dont), drop Gibson, discrace today, pulled out of every 50/50. Gibson should never play for Argyle again, he was clearly thinking about his next club today