Wayne Rooney | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wayne Rooney

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Apparently under investigation by the FA, accused of secretly paying the wages of the players and staff at Derby for May out of his own pocket, around £1.5 million.

Well, if he’s found guilty then good on him, I get why you probably aren't suppose to, but what an incredible thing to do.

Last edited:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Apparently under investigation by the FA, accused of secretly paying the wages of the players and staff at Derby for May out of his own pocket, around £1.5 million.

Well, if he’s found guilty then good on him, I get why you probably aren't suppose to, but what an incredible thing to do.
Nothing to do with Wayne Rooney, Cobi. The money was loaned to Kirchner by Wayne Rooney's agent Paul Stretford and his company Triple S Sports and Entertainment Group.

The Athletic

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
How is that different from Peter Reid paying our electric bill?

Reactions: Lancastergreen

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
How is that different from Peter Reid paying our electric bill?

So many staff members at Argyle at the time paid for things out of their own pocket, what Peter Reid did was good and all but a lot of far less well off staff paid far more for things and it annoys me that never gets mentioned. My Dad for example didn’t earn a penny for almost a year but still paid the clubs Sky subscription and kept much of the hospitality service going out of his own pocket whilst living on the breadline.

Last edited:

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
So many staff members at Argyle at the time paid for things out of their own pocket, what Peter Reid did was good and all but a lot of far less well off staff paid far more for things and it annoys me that never gets mentioned. My Dad for example didn’t earn a penny for almost a year but still paid the clubs Sky subscription and kept much of the hospitality service going out of his own pocket whilst living on the breadline.
I know your dad and know this to be true

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
We appreciate that people like your dad went beyond expectations to help the club. However, I thin you might have missed the point. How come the FA are investigating Rooney for helping pay the clubs debt? How is Rooney paying the playing staff any different than Peter Reid paying the Electric bill or your dad paying the clubs Sky bill?

Reactions: Cobi Budge
Nov 18, 2011
Given that he was on £90,000 a week according to this:

He may have been doing it out of a feeling of personal guilt which is pretty different to how many people helped out at Argyle i their time of need.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
We appreciate that people like your dad went beyond expectations to help the club. However, I thin you might have missed the point. How come the FA are investigating Rooney for helping pay the clubs debt? How is Rooney paying the playing staff any different than Peter Reid paying the Electric bill or your dad paying the clubs Sky bill?

It wasn't Rooney who was paying the staff - it was the Triple S Group agency who represents him who was. They apparently were doing it while Kirchner was trying to get his bid together to prevent the club folding or receivng futher point penalties for not paying staff with the understanding Kirchner would repay this in full when the deal went through (which it didn't).

So although there may not be anything wrong with the playing/non-playing staff being paid by the agency, there is a potential conflict of interest in that Wayne was the manager at the time, and that's the bit being investigated by the FA, with the risk that they could be fined or have their license suspended (more likely to be the former as Triple S Group were unlikely to gain out of the arrangement).

Reactions: GreenThing