Water rationing? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Water rationing?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
With drought being confirmed for our region, will Argyle be blasting the sprinklers for 15 minutes again at half time tomorrow?

May 16, 2016
They've asked us all to take an extra bottle of water and to tip it into the collection recepticles around HP.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I think there are health and safety exemptions for watering: nobody would expect footballers or egg-players to play on rock-hard ground, so watering is allowed, although there would be an expectation on clubs to do so responsibly.

That being said, with the drought order now in place, it gives suppliers more power to put blocks in place if water levels at reservoirs drop dangerously low.

edit: it'll be those in grass-roots football I feel sorry for as they won't be in a position to play on watered pitches.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Maybe if the water companies invested in making sure the water mains weren’t leaking, we might be able to cope better. 4 billion litres of water lost every day! Yes you read that right, 4 billion!

Reactions: Shorty

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
edit: it'll be those in grass-roots football I feel sorry for as they won't be in a position to play on watered pitches.
But when have they ever had that facility? The Crown & Anchor FC 1st 11 has always had to make do with what they can rent from the council. A bog in the winter and a rutted iron-hard surface in the summer.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Maybe if the water companies invested in making sure the water mains weren’t leaking, we might be able to cope better. 4 billion litres of water lost every day! Yes you read that right, 4 billion!
To put that in context, that’s the same as 4 million people watering their garden with a hosepipe for an hour each.