Water rationing? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Water rationing?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wonder if we do get rationing, which seems very likely, how that will effect our pitch preparations?

Martin Bird, our wonderful Groundie, took these photos very very early (his words) this morning.

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 14.08.24.jpeg

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I saw that Jurgen Klopp complained that the Craven Cottage pitch was too dry yesterday. He comes out with some great excuses. A hosepipe ban will no doubt be to blame for again not winning the title.

• Haha
Reactions: leeroy221

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
If I remember correctly, in '76 sporting venues were exempt.

But are sprinklers classed as hoses,anyway?

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Argyle will probanly be on a meter and pay for it regardless.

Reactions: buck197
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
George Eustace has called for a hosepipe ban across all Southern England in todays Telegraph...it was on Spotlight too.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
George Eustace has called for a hosepipe ban across all Southern England in todays Telegraph...it was on Spotlight too.
Good job Argyle are in the south west then 😉

Reactions: Andy B.
Feb 8, 2005
When Roadford was built in the heart of Devon, SWWA said that Devon & Cornwall would never have to have standpipes again. Quite a few reservoirs both in Devon and Cornwall can be fed from Roadford via underground piping, so at least we will not go the same way as we did in 1976 if this weather continues.

I believe that any hosepipe ban only refers to domestic situations, although I do remember that commercial car washes had to close as the government banned the washing of vehicles except for number plates, windscreens, wing mirrors etc for safety reasons.

I expect that any hosepipe ban would start with a ban on domestic use and then ramp up to certain commercial enterprises if the weather continued to deplete the reservoir levels.