Updated fans' information for security checks | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Updated fans' information for security checks

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I certainly hope that doesn’t happen.

People have been apart too long, we need to come together not isolate in such an event.

Reactions: rsp4 and smudja

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
What no one seems to have thought about in their”righteous “ indignation is that the game might get cancelled both as a mark of respect and to ease pressure on emergency services.

I've thought the same, events are usually called off when tragedies occur.
But as Ian has said people and fans need to be brought together, if the game was called off at this late stage it will affect a lot of people.

Sep 6, 2006
What no one seems to have thought about in their”righteous “ indignation is that the game might get cancelled both as a mark of respect and to ease pressure on emergency services.
Not sure what righteous indignation means but don't see why game would be called off. Police have to investigate but its not an ongoing incident. I remember during the 2005 terrorist attack in London the Test Match just continued!

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Not sure what righteous indignation means but don't see why game would be called off. Police have to investigate but its not an ongoing incident. I remember during the 2005 terrorist attack in London the Test Match just continued!
But very probably with increased security which seems to upset some folk on here who cannot understand why security is being applied at a football match.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
When the Manchester arena was bombed in May 2017, The Courteeners played at gig at Old Trafford cricket ground just days after. Last night's events are incredibly sad but it's highly unlikely that the match will be called off because of it.

Reactions: IJN
Aug 5, 2015
I hope you’re right but it’s difficult for anyone to call. Somebody is bound to be offended whatever decision is made.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
I am sure there will be, but there must be some mark of respect before the game starts - a one or two minutes silence I would suggest. People will be hurting.

Edited to note I see that is what the club have announced.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Club statement:

Plymouth Argyle Football club is deeply shocked and saddened by last night’s tragic events in our City.

Our heartfelt condolences go out to all those affected.

We would also like to thank the emergency services for their quick and brave actions in responding to this terrible incident.

Our flags at Home Park Stadium are flying at half-mast and we will be making some changes to our scheduled program ahead of tomorrow’s match with Gillingham.

We will no longer hold a minutes applause pre match as planned, instead a minutes silence will be held and our planned celebratory pitch walk with Gary Sawyer and Luke McCormick will now take place at a later date.

We feel that posting ticketing, retail or any other promotional social media posts ahead of tomorrow’s game would not be appropriate, so the club will take a period of silence on its social media channels until midday tomorrow, when game specific information will begin.

Supporters can find match and ticketing information on pafc.co.uk

Reactions: Phil Mallett
Sep 13, 2003
I've thought the same, events are usually called off when tragedies occur.
But as Ian has said people and fans need to be brought together, if the game was called off at this late stage it will affect a lot of people.
September 11th, 2001...Argyle v Swansea was one of the very few games not called off that night....

May 17, 2012
Support the call but what a weird atmosphere we will have tomorrow. It’s going to be a very emotional day. 🙏🏻

Nov 9, 2008
No mention of the 'Can I look in your wallet?'. Still don't get that.
Do Terrorists carry Banned Organisation Membership Cards?? :unsure:
What about someone who sharpens down the edge of a credit card hidden within a wallet. Can be made sharp enough to cause life changing injuries. Not saying the searches are not over the top however

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Whatever the problems were in the pre-season games, there was no problem at the Demport yesterday. A quick scan and in you go.