Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Which does`nt explain the difference between the Lyndhurst Stand security checks from all the other entrances.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
No problem with bag search or metal detector... but I draw the line at physical searching or turning pockets out!
From what I saw they were asking for keys and phones to be removed from pockets as they would set the detector off.

C

Cult Of Personality

I raised the issue of the looking in person wallet after the Swansea game . At the Boro game no issue with it and thought the guards were alot quicker and better

Aug 11, 2019
Which does`nt explain the difference between the Lyndhurst Stand security checks from all the other entrances.
We absolutely acknowledge that there was a difference in standards across the ground - something we have addressed with the stewarding provider. We want it to be a quick, and straightforward process for all supporters and that’s why it’s important we test our operation, and take feedback during preseason. 👍

Jun 27, 2019
Why is this happening? Has the club received information of a potential security threat? Were fans smuggling in dangerous or illegal substances prior to Covid?

It just seems to be completely over-the-top behaviour for entry into a modest Football League club.

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
The club takes its commitment to supporter security extremely seriously. Forming part of the requirements of our new risk-based safety certificate, and work with the Counter Terrorism Unit, the club has implemented enhanced security measures, with the safety of all fans, guests, and officials at Home Park at the centre of our thinking. As such, we ask supporters to note the following points.”

Clearly, the club might have received intelligence reports that terrorists are attempting to enter the Lyndhurst Stand on match days. Lyndhurst supporters might have to get used to emptying their pockets and having the contents of their wallets examined, if it keeps everyone safe. It is a small price to pay to keep everyone safe - a terrorist attack from within the Lyndhurst Stand during a match could effect other Stands as well. It’s better safe than sorry.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Once the word 'terrorism' is mentioned it's a whole new ball game.
We all know where we stand now - long queues for each and every match and extensive searches, maybe even delayed kick-offs.

It's good that the club recognised that male stewards should not be searching female fans and have addressed that with the security company - who really should have known this.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
For those of us on the lower Mayflower, as the season goes on, we need to carry bags with over-clothing should the weather take a turn for the worse as we are exposed to the elements. I expect the same is true for those in the front few rows around the ground as well. Or do they expect us to dress like we are going on a Polar exploration for every match just in case it rains? They can take their no bags request and do one as bags of a rather larger size are needed for waterproof over-trousers and a jacket.

Reactions: Chip green

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Ca
There were incidents with flares/smoke bombs which are incendiary devices which are banned from football groun
There were incidents with flares/smoke bombs which are incendiary devices which are banned from football grounds.
Can't remember any of that in the Lyndhurst to be fair. So, in order for me and my 11 year old to not be tarred with the same brush as 'terrorists' we will have to relocate to the Grandstand then?