U18 v Mangotsfield 26/10 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

U18 v Mangotsfield 26/10

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
An entertaining game and a shame that it wasn’t made available to a wider audience. Full credit to Mangotsfield for making a real game of it. Well organised, physical and committed they posed a few problems but eventually the better class told.

Playing –1-4-2 as the first team Argyle sometimes struggled to play through the thirds and were wasteful with the few chances they did create. Some stand outs - Rutherford and Waruih at wing backs and Jenkins-Davies In midfield. A special mention for Caleb Roberts who oozed class at such a young age In the middle of the park. Looked a real talent. Definitely one to watch and no wonder Neil Dewsnip got him on the path to a professional contract at 17.

However to progress further the team will have to play better than tonight.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
An entertaining game and a shame that it wasn’t made available to a wider audience. Full credit to Mangotsfield for making a real game of it. Well organised, physical and committed they posed a few problems but eventually the better class told.

Playing –1-4-2 as the first team Argyle sometimes struggled to play through the thirds and were wasteful with the few chances they did create. Some stand outs - Rutherford and Waruih at wing backs and Jenkins-Davies In midfield. A special mention for Caleb Roberts who oozed class at such a young age In the middle of the park. Looked a real talent. Definitely one to watch and no wonder Neil Dewsnip got him on the path to a professional contract at 17.

However to progress further the team will have to play better than tonight.
caleb roberts was superb

Jun 27, 2019
I would imagine a lot of the Mangotsfield players would have been Bristol City and Rovers cast-offs. They're a big fish up in Bristol.

Dec 30, 2020
I would imagine a lot of the Mangotsfield players would have been Bristol City and Rovers cast-offs. They're a big fish up in Bristol.

yes I would imagine there are a few good players from Bristol who the pro teams miss. Mangotsfield also had to beat some bigger non league clubs to qualify so they must be half decent. I don’t think it was an analogous fixture to a game between the Argyle & Mangotsfield first teams where you might expect a wider winning margin.