Twitter bird vs X marks the spot | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Twitter bird vs X marks the spot

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Not sure what the point in doing it is to be honest. It's made no different to my experience of twitter at all. Just like him taking over the company although I'm sure there are things I'm missing.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I don't use any social media myself but I find it all kind of interesting to observe at arm's length - in the same way that it's hard to tear your eyes away from a car crash. As such, I know a fair bit about all this malarkey - in a nutshell, it's likely all about trying to turn a revived X.com into the western WeChat (well, and because Musk is a complete tool) - but I'll leave it to the always excellent John Naughton in the Observer to give a rundown:

Will rebranding Twitter give Elon Musk the X factor? I wouldn’t bank on it

The most persuasive idea goes back to his early days in online banking. For example, the Wall Street Journal the other day picked up on Twitter’s recently appointed chief executive, Linda Yaccarino, talking about X as “including audio, video, messaging and banking capabilities”. The paper also recalled things Musk has said in the past about X.com, what he called an “everything app” and about a vision he has that his new plaything may “become the biggest financial institution in the world”. Like WeChat in China, in other words – an app that is used for everything from messaging to mobile payments to business services.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
He's a very, very odd man isn't he.

I agree with Daz that my experience hasn't really changed, but I really hate the way twitter replies are now dominated by weirdos who are paying a tenner a month for a blue tick.

I've noticed it's much less stable these days too.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Not sure what the point in doing it is to be honest. It's made no different to my experience of twitter at all. Just like him taking over the company although I'm sure there are things I'm missing.

Changes in the works apparently - this is just the re-branding phase. That said, it does smack of a man getting his old favourite toys out - X was where it all started for him.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I heard he's done it in honour of X Isle, surely Twitter's greatest fan.

• Haha
Reactions: Argy1e
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
Makes zero sense. One of the most recognised brands binned due to an ego trip. He's going to try and emulate the Asian one platform for everything - which is an outdated model.